Audit Manager, Professional Practices
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 May 19
See job description for details
Join us as an Audit Manager for Professional Practices in London
- We're looking for a dedicated and talented person to join us as an Audit Manager for Professional Practices in this highly collaborative role
- Joining our Internal Audit function, you'll play a key part in delivering the vital assurance, support, challenge and advice that keeps our customers and our business safe
- You'll be honing your advisory and audit expertise in a role with excellent development potential
- This role will be advertised from Monday 6th May 2019 to Wednesday 5th June 2019
What you'll do
This role will place you at the heart of the bank's third line of defence, providing independent, objective audit assurance for our Professional Practices business. You'll work with Senior Audit Managers and business stakeholders to scope quality assurance reviews, formulate appropriate and robust testing plans, before leading engagement and execution of audits.
You'll also develop a deep understanding of the risks associated with the Professional Practices business, designing appropriate testing plans to assess the suitability of controls and the quality of work performed by engagement teams.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of our audit methodology and quality assurance strategy
- Engaging and building effective relationships with business stakeholders and colleagues across our internal audit function
- Supporting continuous improvement in the business area, championing positive change
- Delivering often complex engagements on time and to budget, and to an excellent standard
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
- Contributing to managing the discussion with key stakeholders, leading to final issue acceptance and remediation
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an experienced audit professional with in-depth understanding and experience of quality assurance and methodology practices within the financial services audit industry.
Past experience of performing quality assurance reviews, either as part of a Professional Practices Function or through extensive involvement in related activities, such as peer reviews of audit files, in internal or external audit is essential.
Alongside this, you'll have knowledge of internal audit best practices and an excellent understanding of risk and controls. It would be an advantage to have an audit qualification, or subject matter expertise in auditing investments and commercial banking products and technology risks and controls.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- The ability to negotiate with and challenge stakeholders at all levels
- Commercial acumen and a strategic mind-set
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to deal with a number of different workstreams at once
- A collaborative approach to problem solving
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.