Audit Manager, RBSI
Join us as an Audit Manager
What you'll do
- If you're an experienced auditor or have a strong background in risk management, this is an opportunity to join us and play a significant role in mitigating risks across our business
- By providing independent, objective testing and assurance, you'll be able to make a tangible difference to the bank's future
- This is an opportunity to gain invaluable experience in a highly visible part of the bank, giving you a great insight into how we work
In this key role, you'll be working with the Senior Audit Manager and business stakeholders to scope out audits. You'll develop your understanding of the business's key risks and controls, and will contribute to forming an appropriate and robust testing plan, before leading your engagement team in its execution.
Day to day, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Leading audits of varying size and complexity and planning and managing audit assignments
- Keeping quality and efficiency at the forefront of your approach as you deliver your audits - some of which will be complex in nature - on time and to budget
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
- Managing the discussion with key business stakeholders leading to final issue acceptance and remediation
- Supervising team members and supporting them through coaching, enabling them to realise their full potential
We're looking for someone with experience working in an Internal Audit function and in-depth knowledge of auditing and related products and risks in a complex financial services organisation.
You'll have a thorough grounding in risk management principles and a meticulously investigative approach, and be able to demonstrate how you've successfully led a team in delivering projects, audit or otherwise, while keeping a firm hand on budget, schedule and quality.
You'll also need to have:
- You'll understand the regulatory requirements relating to audit, and bring a solid grasp of risk management, control frameworks and governance processes
- Knowledge or experience of Trustee and Depository services and Offshore Banking
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Astute attention to detail and natural problem solving capabilities
- Experience of managing and developing a team