Audit Manager, Treasury
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Nov 18
See job description for details
Join us as an Audit Manager for Treasury in London
- We're looking to strengthen our Treasury audit team with an Audit Manager with strong knowledge of treasury risk management to deliver large, complex audits
- You'll play a significant part in mitigating any risks across the bank's Treasury function, helping us build and maintain a robust, forward-looking risk management culture
- You can make a tangible difference to the bank's future, while gaining invaluable experience in a large and complex organisation, and working alongside well-respected industry figures
What you'll do
This important role will place you at the heart of the bank's third line of defence, providing independent, objective testing and assurance. You'll provide challenge, insight and support on key pan-bank audits in areas including internal liquidity adequacy assessment, funding and capital planning, risk appetite, models, risk management and reporting.
You'll work with the Senior Audit Manager and business stakeholders to scope out audits, developing your understanding of the business's key risks and controls and formulating an appropriate and robust testing plan, before leading your engagement team in its execution.
You'll succeed in this role by:
- Leading your team through the engagement stage, effectively managing work and resources, and setting standards of excellence
- Delivering audits on time and to budget, and to an excellent standard
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
- Contributing to managing the discussion with key business stakeholders, leading to final issue acceptance and remediation
- Be recognised as a subject matter expert for funding and liquidity, capital and interest rate risk
- Building and developing key relationships at senior levels in the organisation
You'll have the opportunity to diversify your knowledge and experience by coordinating and engaging with other audit teams across the bank.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a talented audit manager with strong understanding of best practice in the management of funding, liquidity and capital risks in a complex financial institution. You'll also need strong analytical capabilities and problem solving skills.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- An understanding of key regulatory requirements relating to treasury risks
- Prior experience in either a treasury risk management role in a Financial Institution, at a recognised Financial Regulator or within an internal or external audit function
- Experience leading teams in delivering complex projects - audit or otherwise - while keeping a firm hand on budget, schedule and quality
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including excellent report writing
- The ability to support and supervise your team through coaching, feedback and development, taking a proactive approach to identifying and promoting talent
- Strong stakeholder management skills, and to be confident and clear when you need to challenge or influence
A Treasury or Accounting qualification would also be beneficial.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.