Audit Quality Senior Manager, FSO
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jan 19
Audit Quality Senior Manager, FSO
The Financial Services (FS) Assurance practice in the UK has over 1500 professionals delivering external audit and other assurance services to clients within the financial service industry. The practice includes a dynamic and fast growing Financial Accounting and Advisory Services (FAAS) group, as well as the rapidly expanding Extended Assurance (EA) and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS) groups. The UK practice is part of EMEIA FSO which operates in 19 countries and encompasses more than 13,000 staff across all service lines.
Our Audit Quality Support team (AQST) plays a vital role in supporting our Audit Quality Programme. As an AQST Senior Manager you will be part of a growing and dynamic team that support a number of our more complex and challenging audits throughout the audit process, through coaching and reviewing to promote consistent high quality audits.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you'll do will come back to providing exceptional audit quality for our clients. Colleagues from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you'll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you'll become a credible advisor, influencing engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
Skills and attributes for success
- Proactive engagement with the audit teams, providing coaching and support
- Flexible working style to adapt to the different teams you will be working with
- Challenge the effectiveness and articulation of the audit strategy
- Attention to detail and review of the execution of the audit work and identifying areas improvement
- Proactive communication and deadline management, both with the audit team and AQST leader
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification
- Strong project management and technical (auditing) skills
- Significant experience with large public & complex audits
- Strong focus on and passion for audit quality and coaching/reviewing teams
Experience in an FS environment and/or within a Big 4 professional services firm
What we look for
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you're serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Apply now. #L-IP