We are a Global Investment Manager helping institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world to invest money to achieve their goals, fulfil their ambitions and prepare for their future. Now with approximately 4000 people across 6 continents, we have been around for more than 200 years, evolving and adapting as society, technology and the world changes. Who We Are looking For
We're looking for an energetic, skilled and confident engineer to work on simplifying, improving and automating our estate. The Team
The End User Team are responsible for a number of key aspects of the company;-
• User Support Services - Proximity Support, Floorwalkers, Support Bar, Training etc.
• Platform Engineering - Delivering the Lifecycle of End User Desktop Environments
• Application Services - Responsible for the Lifecycle of Applications in the End User Desktop Environments
• Mobile and Collaboration - Office 365, Phones, Tablets and associated On Premise services
The team work closely together and are spread across New York, London, Luxembourg, Zurich, Hong Kong and Singapore Collectively they have a huge amount of experience and work closely together on design, project and operational issues. Location
This role is primarily based in London, but some work in our Horsham campus may be required and some travel will be required on an infrequent basis. We encourage members of the team to work from home on at least one day a week. What You Will Do
• Acting as part of a new function within the End User Space, the Automation Engineer will take a leading role in addressing automation opportunities (identifying, implementing and monitoring) across the End User space to reduce time to deliver, pressure on End User teams and improve the End User experience.
• This role will deliver optimisation and competitive advantage to our business through introduction of new technologies, automation of existing processes and refinement of the End User Services areas.
• The primary function of the role will be to build the automation channel and proactively deliver improved processes for user care.
• The secondary function is to assist the other End User Services areas in developing their maturity level and raising the standards.
• Working with our international teams to ensure swift implementation of the standardised products, methods, processes, policies, and to promote the tools and functions of the EUC department.
• This role will interact significantly with the various parts of the End User and Global technology space to ensure we build a holistic solution which can be expended and supported for future years.
• Automation of repetitive tasks to replace manual actions on alerting or for on demand requests
• Creation of portal to centralise helpdesk actions and avoid service desk system admin portal sprawl
• Extending Monitoring capability and visualisation of the user environment status
• Working closely with the other End User Computing staff, driving forward operational efficiency and related project work The Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications That You Will Have
• Deep interest in new technologies and how they can be leveraged to deliver competitive advantage to an organisation.
• Significant experience in engineering and automating processes in the end user space, to deliver excellent User experiences.
• Technical experience of the desktop environment, including products such as Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp, Microsoft Windows, SCCM, scripting technologies, web technologies and desktop platform technologies.
• Experience of Mobility solution design and testing for Laptop / Tablet use (involving client firewalls / VPNs / Network control / AMT)
• Must be able to work independently, exercising good judgment when prioritising multiple tasks. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age. Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.