This is a new build project, that will use the Microsoft AZURE Infrastructure to develop and deploy. As member of the Feature Team, he/ she works in autonomy, which includes the following development tasks: Design, develop and implement technical solutions in Microsoft Azure environments using Java programming language, Kafka, Elastic Search, Kibana, Kubernetes & Java Spring boot Support deconstruction of customer requests into detailed stories by interacting with the Product Owner. Responsibilities, writing code, deployment scripts, unit tests, checking code to source code repository, monitoring delivery pipeline activity, to ensure product quality.
Summary of responsibilities
The role involves the following activities:
- leading engineers to write high quality code that’s easy to understand and work with
- Pair programming to write high quality code that’s easy to understand and work with
- Writing tests - very often before the associated code - at unit level with Junit, Mockito and in BDD style with Cucumber
- Reviewing pull requests and giving good feedback
- Attending backlog refinement and planning sessions to discuss and estimate (small, medium, large) upcoming stories
- Taking part in understanding requirements and designing platform features and their implementations
- Championing Devops & craftmanship
- Implementing monitoring and alerting mechanisms
- Building for security
- Being involved with attracting and interviewing further excellent engineers
Experience relevant for this job:
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Experience with java 8
- Sound knowledge of Spring boot or another Java back-end framework, Kafka, Elastic Search, Kibana, & Kubernetes
- AZURE or AWS Development Environment
- Refactoring experience, and resolving technical debt.
- Designing RESTful APIs and integrating third party RESTful APIs.
- Engineering scalable and reliable solutions.
- Working familiarity with code revising and branding, ideally Git.
- Use of common productivity tools.
- Experience with automated testing approaches - test driven development, unit testing, integration testing, and BDD testing.
- Exposure to continuous integration tools.
- Understanding of service oriented architectures and message brokers.
Skills relevant for the job
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving, analysis and computational skills.
- Customer focus.
Innovative approach to problem solving.