Job Description About the Team:
You will play a key part in transforming Octopus to being a data-driven organization. You have a passion for databases and love finding interesting ways to innovate data development.
You will be responsible for the development of databases and SSIS packages for use in the data warehouse and across business projects. This includes supporting and developing with the data team to on-board new data pipelines from across the business.
You will help move Octopus to the next level in terms of its databases and data warehousing. This will include various database technologies, cloud and on premise and ETL development. About the Role:
This role sits within the Data Team. We channel data requests and provide innovative and reliable solutions. The data team is responsible for agile planning, requirements gathering, developing, analysing and supporting multi-platform databases. Why?
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Relaxed, creative environment.
- Stunning office.
Must have the right to work in the UK
- Experience as a database and ETL developer.
- Experience with Performance Tuning.
- Experience in Python
- Technically proficient, especially SQL Server 2008 onwards.
- High level of knowledge with T-SQL SQL scripting & debugging (stored procedures, user functions etc.).
- High level of knowledge of SSIS development.
- Financial Services Investment Management industry experience preferred.
- Must have aptitude and willingness to learn new software and technologies.
- Some level of knowledge in cloud technologies desirable
Additional Information Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.