Clearmatics is a B2B fintech startup that designs, develops and operates member-owned and member-governed digital cash settlement systems. Founded in 2015 as a London-based Ethereum R&D company, our mission is to reform market infrastructure by disrupting the common denominator across almost every market: cash settlement in fiat currency. We are scaling rapidly and looking to hire a Business Intelligence Developer to join our operations team, working closely with our Head of Finance and Operations, building our internal BI capability and supporting the operations of the business by producing relevant analytical data.
You are a team player, comfortable working under your own steam and are used to working in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
As our Business Intelligence Developer, you will report directly to the Head of Finance and Operations. Your primary focus is to build, maintain and support BI technical solutions to produce intuitive, visual, analytical data for enhanced insights and decision making.
You will be a self-starter, pragmatic with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, as well as a strong sense of 'what good looks like'. You will thrive in a fast-paced and self-learning environment and contribute well in a team setting.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying, implementing and maintaining a scalable BI system (via in-house or external software) using ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) framework.
- Working with stakeholders across the business to define and implement a standard, internal data structure.
- Ensuring that a robust interface created between systems to eradicate duplication and errors and create a common data architecture for associative reporting.
- Build and own web-based, highly visual BI reporting dashboards and flexible query tools to enable rapid query retrieval from multiple systems/databases and facilitate a “self-service” approach from the users.
- Designing tools in code within the BI system to enable real-time reporting, including real-time P&L and computation of rolling forecasts.
- Merging and streamlining current systems/databases to reduce the number of databases and tools currently in operation.
- Moving the Finance workflow emphasis away from Access/Excel databases to stronger more robust technology.
- Enabling direct database queries into Excel to facilitate automatic data table population.
- Regularly review the changing needs of the business in terms of MI requirements and delivery.
- Researching, implementing and advising internally on technology solutions to current and future processes.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills - able to articulate what "good" looks like.
- 5+ years of implementing technology solutions.
- Very strong experience of working in a financial services environment or similar industry working with big data.
- Good eye for BI visuals, including graphical presentations and user-friendly reports.
- Appreciation of basic accountancy, e.g. balancing a balance sheet and cashflow statements, budgets and forecasts, and entity consolidation.
- In-depth technical expertise of business intelligence software, e.g Qlik, Microsoft Power BI or Tableau.
- Standard MS Office package and accounting software.
- A degree in Computer Science
- Strong Excel skills incl VBA programming and plug-ins.
- Experience working with APIs and data structures.
- Solid knowledge of the industry, including terms and language.
- Accounting experience/qualification
- Interest in digital currency
- Demonstrable interest in blockchain technology
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment
WHAT WE VALUE AT CLEARMATICS
- Collaboration and respect.
- Honesty & Humility.
- Ability to challenge ideas.
- Willingness to deliver robust solutions.
- Passion for the technology and its challenges.
- Continuous improvement and learning.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Central London location in bright, spacious offices.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working and possibility to work remote.
- Relocation assistance.
- Company pension.
- Hardware budget to give our developers the best equipment.
- Professional development - annual individual Learning & Development budget.
- Monthly Friday company meeting with pizza and beers.
- "Show and Tell" sessions - knowledge sharing across teams.
- Great kitchen filled with your favourite British specialties.
- Join a fast-growing, game-changing, FinTech company ;)