BI Developer - Team LeadABOUT OCTOPUS
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 600 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we've established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.Must have the right to work in the UK
About the Team:
You will play a key part in transforming Octopus to being a data-driven organization. You have a passion for databases and love finding interesting ways to innovate data development.
You will be responsible for the development of databases and SSIS packages for use in the data warehouse and across business projects. This includes supporting and developing with the data team to on-board new data pipelines from across the business.
You will help move Octopus to the next level in terms of its databases and data warehousing. This will include various database technologies, cloud and on premise and ETL development.
About the role
This role sits within the Data Team. We channel data requests and provide innovative and reliable solutions. The data team is responsible for agile planning, requirements gathering, developing, analysing and supporting multi-platform databases. The role will be to manage a team of 4 - 5 BI Developers.
- Experience as a database and ETL developer.
- Experience with Performance Tuning.
- Experience in Python
- Technically proficient, especially SQL Server 2008 onwards.
- High level of knowledge with T-SQL SQL scripting & debugging (stored procedures, user functions etc.).
- High level of knowledge of SSIS development.
- Financial Services Investment Management industry experience preferred.
- Must have aptitude and willingness to learn new software and technologies.
- Some level of knowledge in cloud technologies desirable
- Managing previous teams would be beneficial
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Relaxed, creative environment.
- Stunning office.
Must have the right to work in the UK
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.