GCT BUCF serves as the 1st line control function for GCT (Group Corporate Treasury), LEIL (Lloyds Equity Investments Ltd), and LBCM PLM (Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets, Prudential Liquidity Management).
GCT BUCF serves as the 1st line control function for GCT (Group Corporate Treasury), LEIL (Lloyds Equity Investments Ltd), and LBCM PLM (Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets, Prudential Liquidity Management)
The team's primary responsibility is to partner with the business to ensure various material business risks are continually identified, assessed, monitored, mitigated, and reported accurately - to minimise unintended losses to the business.
Activities undertaken within BUCF to support this range from, but are not limited to, regular RCSAs (Risk and Control Self Assessments) to Surveillance Trade Monitoring.
This role resides within the Operational Risk team within BUCF, but will frequently involve delivery of work across the full remit of BUCF responsibilities.
Risk management touches every corner of GCT, and as such the position represents a fantastic opportunity to develop knowledge of the wider GCT business and its role in the Group.
- Act as a risk champion and source of professional risk expertise to the business on the LBG Risk Management Framework and Group Policies - embedding a positive, continuous risk and control culture across the business.
- Effectively partner with a wide variety of business stakeholders across GCT BUCF's remit - delivering timely risk and control assessments (e.g. RCSAs), through teamwork and effective challenge, to accurately reflect the business' up-to-date risk landscape.
- Perform deep dive reviews with the business to identify the root cause of any operational risk errors, identify control failings, and agree suitable mitigation to mitigate future reoccurrence/losses.
- Analyse complex, sometimes ambiguous, information to produce timely and insightful analysis, recommendations and advice to influence key decisions. Deliver both regular and ad-hoc risk and control reporting to various Risk Committees across GCT and LEIL.
- Plan and execute agreed risk management projects, complete Organisational Design Impact Assessments, and support in wider stakeholder queries (e.g. CCOR, Audit, Regulators).
- Act as a representative for GCT BUCF within senior risk forums and committees.
- Support delivery of wider BUCF activity and goals.
- Good grasp of core risk and control concepts and LBG Risk Management Framework, including experience in end-to-end risk identification, assessment and mitigation.
- Able to clearly communicate and tailor risk and control requirements to deliver tangible value to senior stakeholders in the business.
- Proactive in building positive stakeholder relationships across a wide range of functions - both within GCT and wider LBG.
- Self-starter - eager to learn, deliver independently, and operate under own initiative to anticipate, manage and resolve multiple priorities.
- Confident influencing a wide variety of stakeholders through constructive challenge.
- Role model in driving a collaborative culture both within own team and wider business, in line with LBG behaviours and values.
- Inquisitive mindset and attention to detail - natural drive to dig deeper and get to the core of an issue, rather than just accepting what might initially appear to be the case.
Please note the permanent location for this role will be 10 Gresham Street, London.
Our Benefits Package
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
Our continued commitment to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.
Together we make it possible!