BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / CONSULTANT RELATIONS, INVESTMENTS
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
The Asset Management division of Northern Trust is global leader in multi-asset class solutions with expertise in index, active, quantitative and alternative investment capabilities as well as strong knowledge of sustainable trends and strategies.
We are currently seeking a mid-level business development individual based in our London office. The resource will be reporting into the Senior Sales Executive for UK and Ireland and will be a member of the broader EMEA Sales Team, which counts on multi-asset salespeople, specialist salespeople, and consultant relations.
The resource would have a hybrid coverage: they would both manage / develop relationships with field consultants in UK and Ireland in close collaboration with the Director of EMEA Consultant Relations and be evolving those relationships into business development activities in the UK and Ireland.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Sells investment products and services to suitable prospects; positions investment products and services to the field consultants covering those clients.
• Maintains existing relationships and develop new relationships with UK and Ireland field consultants and with the clients covered by those field consultants to convert qualified opportunities and working closely with the Director of EMEA Consultants Relations.
• Identifies / works on assigned consultants and prospects; researches their potential needs, prioritize and execute the related plan, improve ratings and aligned product approvals.
• Pitches to clients and consultants utilizing knowledge of investment products and services. Organise Due Diligence visits by leading the organisation and preparation.
• Support responses to client / consultant queries and client / consultant meetings with focus on related preparatory work and ensure timely follow up.
• Lead request for proposal responses for prospective business.
• Maintains on-going relationships with consultants, prospective clients, and existing clients for cross-selling opportunities. These range from Field Consultants, Pension Funds, Insurance companies, Charities, Endowments, Banks, Multi Manager and Foundations.
• Maintain ERM tools.
• Work in conjunction with marketing on dedicated industry events. Skills/ Qualifications:
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Demonstrated experience of business development, consultant relations or relationship management experience, with a track record of providing a high level of service to key clients both reactively and proactively
• Experience within UK and Irish asset owner and asset aggregator market, with a proven and established network within the field consultants' space
• Knowledge of cross asset and cross products investment management capabilities (quant and passive equities and fixed income, ESG trends)
• A Self-motivated / self-starter attitude, with strong organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
• Strong interpersonal skills: team-player, able to build relationships with the team and external contacts Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial - Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance - Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing - Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development - Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.