J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
JPMorgan are looking for excellent back-end software engineers for a short term contract.
This is a back-end software engineer role within a green-field initiative. We leverage the latest technologies to deliver a cutting-edge solution to our clients.
Please apply if you have the following experience, we'd love to talk to you.
Your technical skills should include:
- Professional experience working in an agile, dynamic and customer facing environment
- Recent hands-on professional experience (actively coding) working as a back-end software engineer
- Extensive experience with using a JVM language (Java/Scala/Kotlin, preferably Java 8+)
- Understanding of distributed systems and cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Understanding of AOP and dependency injection frameworks (Spring / SpringBoot, Guice, etc.)
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and web technologies
- Understanding of relational and no-SQL databases
- Understanding of distributed tracing and monitoring (Zipkin, OpenTracing, Prometheus, ELK stack, Micrometer metrics, etc.)
- Desired - experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience in the all stages of software development lifecycle (requirements, design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, release and support)
- Experience in automating deployment, releases and testing in continuous integration, continuous delivery pipelines
- A solid approach to writing unit level tests using mocking frameworks, as well as automating integration and end-to-end tests
Your soft skills should include:
- Experienced mentor with the ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment within a geographically distributed team
- Ability to focus on promptly addressing customer needs
- Technically curious, versatile and solution oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English