Back-End Software Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Back-End Software Developer
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of Path, an RBS-backed start-up on a mission to make UK SMEs more successful
- Sitting within a small, dynamic and highly talented team of engineers, designers, growth hackers and entrepreneurs, you'll be joining us at an exciting time as we look to deliver disruptive propositions to the market, and experiment with new ways of working for the wider bank
- Based in a start-up incubator in central London, you'll be applying leading-edge technologies and customer-centric designs to deliver an exciting and innovative proposition
What you'll do
Path is an RBS-backed venture - a start-up at heart with strong corporate support - on a mission to help UK small businesses be more successful. Our mission influences everything we do, and we have very privileged access to the RBS SME customer base to get us started.
- Full stack developers will be shaping and implementing strategic products, and ensuring that our proposition stays on the leading edge of technology
- Our Full stack developers contribute across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment, to native apps
- Full stack developers will have a real passion for development and a demonstrated appetite for continual learning, typically manifest in their community contributions, such as open source work and publishing or speaking on technical ideas
The skills you'll need
Together with significant software development experience, you'll have an in-depth knowledge of agile software development processes. You'll have extensive and recent experience of developing in NodeJS, backed by solid experience of at least one other modern language such as Go, Erlang, .Net, Java or a scripting language like Ruby or Python. You'll have a deep understanding of HTTP and have demonstrable experience with an OAuth-based authentication mechanism.
In addition to this, we're looking for:
- An understanding of architectural approaches including AWS, Infrastructure as Code, Event Driven Architectures, REST, and Single Sign On
- Experience with code refactoring, design patterns, domain driven design, continuous deployment, highly scalable applications, and application security
- Expertise in pair programming, continuous integration, test-driven development and incremental design
- Experience with relational and NoSQL data stores
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.