Basel Business Analyst - Please read full spec before applying
- Up to GBP550 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 15 Jan 19
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to support the WCR Basel 3 programme in its initiation, planning and requirement gathering.
The role requires knowledge of Basel 3 requirements and impacts upon WCR policies, processes, systems and data
Transformation Senior Business Analysts are at the centre of how HSBC shapes, delivers and embeds change, working with the business and our delivery partners. Responsible for managing and executing the analysis activity within one or more of deliverables within the WCR Basel 3 Programme. Leading multi-skilled virtual teams responsible for the Requirements Management, Design, Change and Implementation Management activities during project delivery.
You will be acting as expert across multiple projects and programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their approach to Requirements Management and other analysis activity.
Oversee Change Management activities spanning from early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g. communications, training, support, organisation alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback.
Ultimately responsible for Implementation Management, including planning, controlling and reporting on implementation of the change 'product', focusing on accelerating benefits and minimising risk during deployment. Implementation activities also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g. pilot)
- Expert knowledge of Basel 3 guidance and impact on WCR Policies, processes, systems and data
- Expert knowledge of Basel capital reporting
- Knowledge and experience of using Agile development methodologies, specifically the creation and progress of requirements via Epic & Story concepts
- Expert knowledge of Global Business Transformation Frameworks, methodologies and best practice techniques
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of HOST.
- Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Business re-engineering knowledge
- Advanced business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
- Advanced change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
- Delivery of regulator led change initiatives
- Analysis and documentation of data flows across multiple source systems and regions
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst or consultant
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
- Extensive experience of using multiple analysis techniques in a change environment, with a mix of business, operations and technology focused projects.
- Experience of business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
- Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact centre, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
- Advanced judgemental skills to identify and resolve problems
- Experience of managing large teams and resources located remotely
- Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors