Big 4 - Financial Instruments Advisory/Risk Assurance
- £50,000 + additional benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- B&FS Finance
- 10 Oct 18
One of the Big 4 is currently recruiting at various levels in their Financial Instruments Advisory team. They have headcount predominantly at the Senior Associate/Assistant Manager level but would look up to Senior Manager aswell. The ideal candidate would come from a risk and controls background with working knowledge of the trade lifecycle.
- Working within a team to provide professional services across the lifecycle described above.
- Day-to-day delivery of project objectives, interaction with clients, and regular reporting to project management teams
- Initial preparation of and input to deliverables including written reports, working papers, and summary analyses.
- Ensuring project deliverables are undertaken in accordance with quality and risk requirements.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Knowledge of FCA (or equivalent NCA) Markets regulation and regulatory initiatives (e.g FRTB, MiFIDII, EMIR, FICC Codes of Conduct, Market Abuse Regulation, EU Benchmark Regulation)
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the front to back product and control lifecycle across FICC and/or Commercial Markets
- Proficient understanding of current economic, regulatory and market trends
- Understanding of financial instruments including derivatives, loans, mortgages and similar debt types
- Highly proficient in written and oral communication, including experience in written deliverables to senior stakeholders.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Impressive analytical capabilities (including proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Strong Project Management Skills (input to the design of approach, management of junior staff, client stakeholders, timely reporting to internal and client senior management)
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Highly motivated and committed
- Positive and ambitious attitude
Additional desirable experience includes:
- External/Internal Audit experience in wholesale markets
- Forensic investigatory or project experience
- Aptitude with Excel and Access
- Experience of auditing clients within the financial services sector
- Experience of forensic investigations or projects
- ACA qualification or (equivalent)
- Financial instrument valuations (including analytics and modelling of vanilla and complex financial instruments across asset classes)
- IFRS/Technical Accounting
- Product design and sales distribution processes
- Board and subcommittee Governance & effectiveness
- Trading risk identification and reporting
- Financial benchmark reform
- Electronic/Algorithmic trading control
- Risk management in commodities markets
If you wish to apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org