Big 4 ACA for senior analyst role - Natural resources and climate change
We are currently working with a client who specialises in clean energy and climate change who are looking to add a senior analyst to focus on Natural resources.
They are looking for someone with Audit experience within the Oil/Gas/Coal space who will have an understanding of how accounting standards will evolve to take into consideration climate risk.
This is not an accountant position therefore the individual will need to be a critical thinker who can write but they should have an accounting background as they are going to be looking at how the firms mitigate climate risk through accounting standards.
This role would really suit someone with a passion for climate change and clean energy who is a confident speaker and presenter. Your responsibilities will include:
• Engage with relevant organisations on accounting, auditing and wider corporate reporting issues relating to climate-related risks within the Natural resources sector.
• Keep up to date on new and ongoing IASB projects relevant to climate change and the Natural resources sector
• Keep up to date on relevant developments in accounting, auditing and wider corporate reporting, including new reporting requirements, guidance and best practice
• Write reports on topics such as: reserve and resource reporting, decommissioning provisions, accounting standards, auditing practices etc
• Performing outreach activities with media and other relevant organisations relating to the release of the above reports
• Speak confidently at conferences and events to present the work.
• Assist the wider regulatory team on other matters as necessary, including work with the Climate Action 100+ In order to apply you should have:
• Extensive experience in a top 4 accounting firm as a qualified accountant
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate complexity clearly and concisely.
• An outward mindset with ability to influence policy makers, facilitate and effect behavioural change in the markets.
• Accounting and disclosure experience within the natural resources/Oil & Gas sector.