About Brickendon Consulting
Brickendon is a rapidly growing transformational consultancy providing solutions to Global Banks and Asset Managers based in London and now New York. We are 7 years old and have grown from 2 to over 100 people in 7 years of operation with a view to double in size over the next 2 years.
We have five core practices covering Strategy, Data, Risk and Regulatory, Quality and Digital provide solutions via 3 types of services…...ADVISE CHANGE DO. Do is our delivery offering.
Innovation encompasses everything we do through our R&D and Knowledge Leadership functions. Our consultants, who are experts with 10+ years of domain specific expertise, both deliver projects and provide new solutions to the challenges our clients face.
Overview of initial assignment:
Brickendon Consulting have existing projects with a number of banks, asset managers & hedge funds firms across London where we have been engaged to provide teams of Big Data Development Consultants to deliver to improvements to the management of data across the organisation.
An overview of sample responsibilities:
- Join as a member of our Data Practice
- Contribute to thought leadership within our Data practice on Big Data initiatives
- Leading and forging new client relationships
- Building distributed and highly parallelized Big data processing pipeline which process massive amount of data (both structured and some unstructured data) in batch and streaming
- Taking part in migration of data from upstream sources into Hadoop, one-off and Change Data Capture
- Leverage Spark to enrich and transform corporate data to enable searching, data visualization, and advanced analytics
- Working closely with analysts and business stakeholders to develop analytics models
- Continuous delivery on Hadoop and other Big Data Platforms
- Automate processes where possible and are repeatable and reliable
- Work closely with release engineers and Product Management to deliver software in a continuous delivery environment
The Management Consultant / Big Data Developer will possess the following skills and experience;
- Extensive experience in Hadoop/Spark development
- Hands on knowledge of Hive, Spark, Hbase, Java, Scala
- Expert level SQL knowledge and experience with a relational database and Hadoop Security: AD, Kerberos, Sentry
- Experience with Spark Streaming and Kafka in large scale enterprise environment is highly desired
- Experience of implementing data security capabilities such as tokenization, encryption, anonymisation etc.
- Be well organized with a healthy sense of delivery, and able to set, communicate, and meet deadlines and milestones
- Excellent communication skills and experience of distributed global teams with Solid grounding in Financial Service
- Pre and post installation of Hadoop software.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies