Big Data Engineering Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 24 Mar 19
Job Reference # 186323BR
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Analyze business requirements and design solutions
• Work as part of an onshore scrum development team
• Collaborate with other global IT teams
• Do level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You'll be working within the IB Core Services team, responsible for delivering trade reporting and order recordkeeping capabilities for the IB. This is a global team of experts, providing new technology, best in class solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• 15+ years of experience working on core Java (Design Patterns, Algorithms, Data Structures) and development experience in Java/J2EE technologies
• Experience developing Spark utilities for large-scale data processing
• Core Java (collection, Data Structures, multi-threading, Serialization, Design Patterns, exception handling and gc)
• J2EE: Spring, Spring Boot and Spring IoC framework, Hibernate/JDBC/Native queries, Kafka, Webservices (Spring Rest)
• Understanding of basic algorithms, Junit and Code Coverage, Unix scripting and maven, nexus deployment tools, scripting
• Should be very comfortable with using basic features of Java 8 (like Streaming, Lamdas etc. )
• Sound knowledge of relational databases, including schema design and advanced queries
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming; good experience with OOAD and Design Patterns
• Understands the concept of continuous integration and continuous deployment; familiar with the tools like Teamcity/Jenkins.
• Experience in writing various kind of test – unit / integration / behavior / acceptance. Have used api / tools / frameworks like Junit / Mockito / TestNG / JBehave / Cucumber
• Know-how of SDLC & agile development practices (Scrum,Pair Programming etc)
• Strong Analytical / Logical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills and a proven track record of accepting responsibility and commitments
Good to have:
• Master's degree in Comp Science or related technical field is preferred
• Experience with Spark2 and Yarn framework preferred
• Experience with Linux, Cassandra
• Experience in Banking and Financial Markets
• Experience on Camel / Apache MQ / Maven / Cassandra / Hadoop / Spark / Hibernate or any other ORM
• Should be familiar with confluence : should appreciate the value of documentation and participate in documentation exercise at regular frequency
• Should be familiar with Jira lifecycle and should appreciate the value of updating the jiras regularly
• Familiarity with analyzing heap dumps would be an added advantage
• Should be comfortable with in dealing with (analyzing) huge volume of data sets ( ~ millions)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.