BlackRock - Portfolio Solutions Strategist, Associate
Description About this role Business Who we are
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success.
BlackRock's Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions (MASS) group provides investment strategies and solutions that employ sophisticated asset allocation, rigorous risk management, and extensive research to deliver specific outcomes tailored to client needs. Through our comprehensive portfolio approach, diversified return drivers, end-to end partnership and technology, our multi-asset platform is crafted to deliver outcomes with more precision. MASS includes specialized capabilities in areas of tactical asset allocation, income funds, target date and target risk strategies, as well as customized solutions through state-of-the-art portfolio construction and asset allocation methodologies. Our team of over 250 multi-asset investment professionals manages a range of pooled vehicles, model portfolios, and customized mandates for a diversified client base. Currently, MASS manages over $640 billion in assets and has a strong presence in San Francisco, New York, London and throughout Asia Pacific.
The Client Fulfilment (CF) team works within MASS to handle the implementation of Outsourced CIO, Multi-Asset wealth Solutions and other client engagements. Rooted in BlackRock's longstanding culture of objective problem-solving, the CF team collaborates with teams across the firm to ensure an outstanding client experience for MASS clients and to ensure consistency and the best methodology across the collection of MASS mandates. What you will be doing
We are looking for people who are:
- Have clear accountability for deliverables within the team, manage day to day workflows assigned to you working alongside other members of the team.
- Support client onboardings across the MASS client base, including contract negotiations, transition planning from legacy to target portfolio, and overall project management.
- Manage investment change events for both new and existing clients focusing on updates to the Aladdin and portfolio management set-up, working closely with portfolio managers and tech and operations teams. Ensure the client set up conforms to standard methodology for the BlackRock operating platform.
- Support business development efforts through data analytics, implementation considerations and report design for RFP responses and pitches.
- Attend client meetings alongside account managers to discuss technical implementation processes and requirements with Trustees, ensuring technical concepts are clearly explained to non-investment members.
- Assist with projects that may be related to regulatory, investment change or operational requirements.
- Assist the investment reporting production groups including developing enhanced investment analytics and quality control reviewing of reports.
- Responsible for resolving requests from clients, third party managers and internal teams regarding legal, operational and data aspects.
- Identify and implement operational improvements to improve the operating environment.
What you should have
- Accountable: You feel personal ownership and passion for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
- Finishers: You drive things to completion
- Intellectual: You want to outsmart the problem
- Exacting: "Good enough" is simply not good enough
- Empathetic: You have an uncanny ability to "put yourself in others' shoes"
- Open: You value and respect input from others
- Curious: You like to learn new things and are happy to challenge the status quo
- Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
- Fiduciary: You maintain integrity in every aspect of performance
- Bachelor's Degree or higher-level qualification and demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Previous work experience of at least 3 years in asset management or financial services, preferably across multiple asset classes and investment fields
- Outstanding interpersonal and project management skills
- Work well with process and procedures
- A broad investment and/or operational background is essential
- Knowledge of capital markets investments (i.e. understanding of Fixed Income, Equities and Cash-related products) and of Derivatives and how they apply in a multi-asset portfolio
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework as it relates to UK and EU markets and applicability to Pension Schemes and other investments
- Experience managing and working with multiple partners and handling priorities
- Excellent communication skills in writing and speech; capable of connecting with multiple audiences
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills
- A basic core understanding of the operation and applicability of derivatives to pension and insurance clients
- High level of self-motivation, ownership and initiative
- Curious to question the quality and accuracy of information
- Excellent teammate
- Coding skills such as VBA or Python desirable
- Achievement of CFA, FRM, FSA or equivalent qualifications (or progress towards) encouraged but is not required
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.