BlackRock Global Product Group (GPG) - Product Development, VP
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock the responsibility for product strategy, development (ex iShares) and range management activities for EMEA pooled funds has been brought under the EMEA Global Product Group (GPG) team.
The GPG team is responsible for the product strategy, design, development and ongoing relevance of BlackRock's large and diverse range of funds. Our product range is one of the most dynamic and diverse in the industry with 1500+ strong fund platform in EMEA domiciled out of 9 countries we work and advise on design considerations for all investment strategies (active, index, multi-asset, illiquids), vehicle types (tax transparent, corporates, trusts) and regulatory regimes (UCITS, AIFs). We have managed our product platform through years of frequent regulatory change, growth and restructuring which means we are exceptionally placed to support and advise our clients as they evaluate and transform their own product ranges. The team carries out a wide range of functions, including: market, competitor and fund range analysis; the business analysis and design of specific ideas; the project management of fund launches/changes (launch leadership), including detailed product structuring and negotiation through internal approval processes and the production and ongoing maintenance of fund documentation, including the submission to, and agreement with, regulators. The team manages the region's Product Development Committee which approves all new products prior to launch as well as product changes. The team also designs bespoke products to help clients optimize their existing product offering. We believe optimal product design delivers better outcomes for our clients, creates significant operating and often cost efficiencies and is at the foundation of a scalable business model.
GPG's profile and influence is increasing within the firm as we lead on platform wide projects such as our response to new European regulation and our ESG product proposition. This combined with a high volume of new products and client solutions in the pipeline for 2021 and beyond, means we have a requirement to appoint a Product Developer in GPG.
This is a high profile role that is business critical given the importance of product in driving the firm's growth in this region as well as the regulatory focus on product governance. This individual will lead on significant individual product projects and contribute to the product platform as a whole.
- Development of proposals - including conducting market research in order to establish a fund's viability in the market, customer appropriateness, competitor landscape and pricing
- Take leadership responsibility for the delivery of certain significant projects and/or platform focuses
- Contributing to the implementation approach- including prioritising the product pipeline according to commercial and strategic considerations and planning range level implementation to maximise resource efficiency
- Lead projects to deliver fund launches, repositionings and other changes - across a wide range of client businesses and asset classes
- Partner with stakeholders in BLK's client facing teams, portfolio management, research & strategy and operating teams to implement the product development agenda
- Co-ordinate and support new product structures & solutions and changes to existing structures
- Previous relevant experience in the investment funds industry/business
- Strong experience in Product Development (i.e. the design, coordination and launch of new funds, and changes to existing pooled funds)
- Good knowledge of investment and/or distribution of a broad range of investment strategies and products. Additional specific asset class or client experience an advantage
- Ability to learn quickly and work across a breadth of projects with different structural, regulatory, client and asset classes focuses
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build relationships across the business, operations and suppliers at all levels of management up to and including Board of Director level. Ability to drive consensus and manage conflicting views and competing interests
- Proactive approach to lead and direct change
- Strong, proven, project management skills
- Key personal attributes will also include a high level of intellectual agility and creativity, ability to work independently as well as part of a team and the ability to manage business expectations
- Knowledge in alternative investment funds would be advantageous
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.