BlackRock London Returners Programme 2022: BlackRock Platform & Innovation, Strategic Project Manager
Description About this role About the BlackRock London Returners Programme
The Returners programme is designed to encourage and support a return to full-time work for up to ten experienced candidates through a six-month paid Returnship starting in September 2022.
We are seeking experienced individuals who are client orientated and passionate about performance, who display collaborative and innovative mindsets, and bring an eclectic set of proficiencies to the workplace; prioritisation, analytical and organisational skills amongst others.
BlackRock is looking for candidates with prior experience in Investment Management or broader Financial Services, who have had a career break outside of Industry of at least two years (with no upper limit). You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for the programme.
You can read about Sophie's return to work with BlackRock here . How will BlackRock support your return to work?
To fully support candidates in their transition back to full time work, BlackRock will provide an internal mentor and a buddy for your day to day questions. We offer a variety of internal networking groups, including a Women's Initiative Network (WIN) to help you integrate into the business and culture. You will also benefit from the Returners Coaching Programme provided by Women Returners as well as a peer support group of other returners.
BlackRock is serious about their people and offer flexible working patterns, flexible time off, collaborative working spaces and a growing number of other benefits. BPI Strategic Project Manager
Job Purpose / Background
As a member of the BlackRock Platform Innovation (BPI) team, you will work on some of the firm's most strategic, complex, and highly valued projects. Our mission is to make the firm better by successfully shaping and delivering on the firm's most strategic priorities, developing the versatility of our talent and exporting our project management delivery skillset together with a broad and deep knowledge of the firm. We act as the "connective tissue" between the various lines of business by applying in-depth knowledge of BlackRock's organization, processes, and technology in order to inspire change. This role provides the opportunity to drive scale, ensure consistency, and reduce risk across all parts of the organization.
In order to succeed in its mission, BPI places tremendous focus on developing its people, improving their leadership and delivery skills and broadening their firm and industry knowledge. Projects and roles are assigned not just based on successful delivery, but also on individual development objectives and career aspirations.
BPI is seeking an Associate/Vice President level to become part of a team that will embrace your skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the freedom to grow professionally. You can look forward to a multi-faceted role that will require a wide skillset including business knowledge, technical know-how, project execution ability, and strategic and consultative thinking.
At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage you in our success. We have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
- Lead virtual teams and partner with business leaders to drive strategic projects, including complex client and technology mandates and commercial opportunities, to completion
- Develop project objectives with measurable goals, drive consensus and communicate plans and results to stakeholders and management throughout
- Maintain a One BlackRock perspective and deliver results, which are beneficial for both individual businesses and the firm as a whole
- Identify areas for improvement in business processes and technology tools
- Engage and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the firm to effectively navigate global organization
- Simplify complex topics and create innovative solutions for issues
- Develop content knowledge and dive deep into any topic that comes our way
- Stay up-to-date on global finance and technology trends impacting BlackRock
- Relevant work experience within industry, in a project management / consultancy type role
- Ability to clearly articulate objectives and influence outcomes
- Results driven individual with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ambitious and proactive: able to show initiative and come up with ideas without prompting
- Collaborate and coordinate internal resources and partners to obtain buy-in and commitment for flawless execution of projects
- Technical aptitude, understanding technology in a business context, desired
- Experience in business process analysis, design, and implementation would be a plus
Bring and maintain curiosity, asking questions to develop a strong business case and approach Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.