BlackRock iShares & Index Investment Business Strategy - Director
Description About this role BlackRock iShares & Index Investment Business Strategy - Director About BlackRock
BlackRock's business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients-period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That's why investors of all kinds have made us the world's largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it's why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law. Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's ETF and Index Investments (EII) business, is the leading index investment engine in the world. We help investors build better portfolios with the industry's leading suite of index investment tools. We enable them to replace individual securities, to take short-term market views, to invest cash rapidly, to execute more efficiently than swaps, futures or individual bonds, to take long-term core positions and to construct efficient portfolios. We are the best in the world at building and managing efficient index tools for our clients. We serve every kind of investor: pensions, insurers, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, asset managers, wealth advisors and individual investors. Job Purpose & Role Description
A Director is a critical role in the Business Strategy team, as this individual will be central to overseeing and delivering impactful strategy projects. From scoping to successful implementation, the Director is a key point of contact for other parts of iShares and Blackrock. This role will require work in cross-functional teams to deliver high-impact projects. It requires working in small teams and using analyses to come up with creative ways to address business problems, presenting solutions with tangible next steps to management. The successful candidate will work with a large level of independence and identify business problems which require attention in collaboration with the head of the team and other senior leaders. Key Responsibilities:
- Take a leading role on business intelligence/competitor monitoring function including - but not limited to - overseeing and delivering competitor updates, flow analysis, client flow trends, and developing strategic responses to competitive actions including determining product pricing strategy
- Develop and execute strategic projects through different phases
- Engage project sponsors to scope the issues a new project is aiming to solve. Integrate diverse views (from a broad set of stakeholders) and prepare concise project outline/plan
- Develop hypotheses, break down problem into workstreams, define approach and required analyses, create workplan, allocate team resources
- Gather and synthesize information to support hypotheses from a variety of sources (industry research, financial publications, and iShares and broader BlackRock colleagues including field sales, marketing etc.)
- Guide and oversee junior team members (provide guidance on workstreams, structure analyses and documents, review outputs and provide feedback)
- Synthesize findings (informally and formally) and engage senior team members in problem solving sessions and on potential issues along the way
- Create impactful reports/presentations to communicate with BlackRock and iShares management on project progress, final outcomes and implementation plans
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across the iShares business and across the globe to support project structuring and management
- Facilitate broader strategic planning across the iShares business
- Identify and surface critical business challenges working with leaders in the iShares business and broader BlackRock
- Grow talent in the team and in the broader business
- Undertake further duties as necessary dependent on volumes and strategic priorities
- Significant strategy background required - top tier strategy consultancy or equivalent at project lead level
- Deep understanding of the Asset Management industry and general understanding of the ETF landscape preferable
- First-class undergraduate degree, with MBA and / or professional finance qualifications desirable
- Problem solving ability: think logically and deconstruct a larger problem into sub-components, prioritize issues and allocate resources
- Leadership skills: motivate and engage junior team members, identify and address development areas
- Analytical aptitude: comfortable analysing large and complex data sets to deduce insights and drive recommendations
- Presentation skills: generate high quality presentations for internal and external audiences
- Structured communication skills: ability to communicate complex ideas top-down, ask targeted questions to arrive at solutions
- Interpersonal skills: ability to engage diverse set of stakeholders, understand their viewpoints, build long-term relationships, create a collaborative and inspirational environment within the team and develop team
- Team player, with ability to work across diverse markets and cultures
- Experience in working with senior management: able to translate complex views and opinions into straightforward, tangible deliverables
- Process management: efficiently manage project processes, navigate trade offs and effectively manage own and other's time
- Proficiency with industry tools, such as Lipper, Morningstar, Strategic Insights, FactSet, etc. a plus
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills essential: able to quickly produce management-level quality presentations, and produce robust Excel models (forecasting, sensitivity analysis, data synthetization)
- Precision/attention to detail
: Director Location:
: Competitive Opening Date:
23 November 2020 Closing Date:
16 December 2020 Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.