Blockchain Architect Salary: "Competitive" Opening date for applications: 04/03/2020 Closing date for applications: 01/04/2020 Role Description
FNZ is an enterprise cloud computing company in the financial services sector. Our combination of technology and administration services is used by the world's largest financial institutions to revolutionize the way that their customers achieve their financial goals.
The Blockchain Architect role at FNZ has overall responsibility for the design and technology across all existing and new products. They will also be responsible for setting the roadmap for future development and enhancements.
At FNZ, we established an innovation team in 2017 exploring different ways to leverage blockchain technology to improve the global asset and wealth management industry by reducing the cost and friction. It's a small, fast-growing, and talented group of people in London and Shanghai including an experienced leadership team comprised of some of the best professionals in their respective fields. They are responsible for ensuring that the application meets the functional and non-functional requirements of our clients and FNZ.
The Architect role entails working closely with our team of engineers, designers, scientists, and analysts to create the meaningful products and services that help us fulfil our mission. We are looking for a leader that is entrepreneurial, technical, and highly analytical to innovate and execute across these important products at FNZ.
They will work very closely with the development team to ensure there is a clear understanding of, and all future build adheres to, the overall technical roadmap and application design strategy.
The role requires both excellent technical abilities and communication skills. They will be responsible for documenting the roadmap, development standards and proposals for new initiatives. Architects are also expected to be 'hands-on' when required to help solve technical problems or design particularly sensitive areas of the system.
The role is based in London and sits within the Innovation team which is part of Group Technology. Role Responsibilities
• Architect end-to-end solutions for our customers using private blockchain and other AWS services.
• Help develop an overall blockchain ecosystem engagement strategy.
• In partnership with the business development, solution architects and sales team, formulate and execute a strategy to drive adoption of distributed ledgers on AWS.
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS community.
• Engage directly with the customers development team, understand their specific business and technology challenges in the area of distributed ledgers integration in new products and services.
• Experience developing Hyperledger or Ethereum based solutions and passion for getting hands dirty with code.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support. Experience Required
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Information Technology;
- PHD qualification in Information Technology preferable;
• Experience in writing smart contracts for blockchain frameworks such as Hyperledger Fabric, Hyperledger Sawtooth, Ethereum, and Corda;
• Experience designing and building highly-scaled distributed systems and REST services;
• Should come from a strong development background;
• Very strong computer science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis;
• Thorough understanding of parallel algorithms, concurrency, asynchronous architectures
• Experience working in an agile software development organization;
• Proven ability to effectively drive cross-team solutions that may have complex dependencies;
• Experience in enterprise software or cloud services;
• Experience working in cryptographic keys management;
• Very good understanding of consensus algorithms used in Blockchain including Kafka Base Consensus (Hyperledger), RAFT Consensus;
- Proven experience of developing educational tools on Blockchain for a number of different audiences.