As a Board Support Assistant you will provide high quality support to the Business Company Secretaries and directors, as well as providing excellent support the Quilter Business Boards and their committees, so that they are run smoothly and efficiently.
The Quilter Group is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management, with a portfolio of £118.7 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers worldwide (as at October 2019). Our focus is on creating prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow by providing financial solutions for investors around the globe, and we operate primarily in two main segments – Advice & Wealth Management and Wealth Platforms. You won’t just find diverse, talented and friendly teams here. You’ll also discover an inclusive culture and every opportunity for personal and professional development.
About the role
Meetings Administration (70%)
- Facilitating excellent Board and Committee meetings by ensuring the timely receipt, high quality presentation of Board materials and meeting support logistics
- Securely distributing restricted / confidential Board and Board Committee papers
- Liaising with Directors’ and members’ offices to arrange ad hoc Board and Board Committee meetings
- Collaboratively working with the Company Secretaries and other members of the team by proactively sharing relevant information
- Responsible for arranging Board off-site meetings.
- Maintaining the Corporate Diary calendars for the meetings you are responsible for
- Proactively maintaining Action Logs, Forward Agendas ready for distribution to the Board and Committee members
- Maintain relevant board / board committee meeting invitation schedules; attendee lists and other agreed documentation in the agreed format
- Producing draft Agendas for agreed meetings, and providing cover if required
- Ensuring that the Board / Board Committee minutes are signed and maintained in both paper and electronic format
- Manage the preparation and distribution of papers to Directors in line with agreed deadline and standards. Assisting the producers of Board and Committee papers by providing guidance on content and style of papers consistent with standards set by the Corporate Secretariat
- Co-ordinating the presenters for Board / Board Committee meetings.
- Maintaining Diligent resource centre with appropriate documentation in a timely manner
- Providing cover for meetings and the other members of the team as and when required
- Maintaining the access permissions for Diligent Board Books for the main Board and Committees you are responsible for
- Routinely archiving Diligent materials and ensure the resource centre is kept up to date, including maintain the board / committee calendars
- Managing regulatory submissions and redactions for board papers
Director Support (10%)
- Providing ad hoc cover to supporting the Business Board Directors as required
- Arranging any ad hoc meetings as requested by the directors.
- Supporting the Business NEDs to ensure that their IT is managed appropriately, liaising with IT as appropriately.
- Circulating relevant director information between meetings as requested
- Support for NED recruitment – in particularly maintaining the schedule of interviews and arranging relevant meetings; updating confidential materials into diligent
Team admin responsibilities: (20%)
- Providing general administrative support, including arranging meetings, drafting responses to emails, filing and archiving
- Maintaining the team corporate diary for meetings you are responsible for
- Managing the paying of invoices for team suppliers
- Maintaining the team induction programme
- IT for new joiners - including liaising with IT for desk and mobile phone / laptop
- Maintaining the new joiner documentation up to date and preparing the welcome pack, including locker list; and cupboard list.
You'll be an experienced administrator with a Corporate Secretariat background used to working with senior stakeholders. You'll need a good track record of supporting Boards and Committees and other formal meetings in a fast moving and challenging environment ideally in a regulated company environment.
A good level of attention to detail is essential as this will be expected by a senior and demanding audience. You'll be well organised and flexible with good time management - able to manage multiple tasks at the same time without a decline in accuracy. You'll be able to build constructive working relationships with the producers of Board and Committee papers and senior Executives so that they can deliver to short deadlines when needed. You'll be calm under pressure and work with the utmost discretion when handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
You'll need a high level of PC skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook as well as a good level of numeracy for cost centres and budget management.
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Benefit Allowance: A cash benefit allowance is payable in lieu of some of our core benefits
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.