Brand Research & Insights - Assistant Director
The Brand Marketing and Communications (BMC) function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY's Vision 2020 ambition to become the leading global professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose - Building a better working world - to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
BMC is led globally by Karen Hopkins. The function is made up of around 2,000 professionals, working across the Executive and Regions in the following areas of specialism: Brand; Marketing; PR/Media Relations & External Communications; Internal Communications & Employee Engagement; Corporate communications.
BMC also includes a number of teams who are responsible for content development, editorial, webcasts, events-staging, strategy, planning and operations. Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact. Function:
Business Development, Marketing & Communications Sub Function:
Brand, Marketing and Communications Job Rank:
Assistant Director Scope:
Global Reports to:
Brand Research & Insights - Associate Director
EY's global Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) function supports EY's purpose of Building a Better Working World by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact. EY's Vision 2020 sets an ambitious target to become a $50b distinctive professional services firm and includes having the best brand, being the most favored employer in the market, being the #1 or #2 in market share in our chosen services by 2020.
The Brand Research & Insights team focuses on measuring our progress in achieving best brand. Its key responsibility is delivering our Global Brand Survey conducted in more than 60 geographies, to support BMC and business stakeholders in setting our brand strategy
and driving change initiatives. The team also measures the impact from our Global Brand Campaign and collaborates with other BMC teams and business functions across a range of programs eg, positioning or client service.
The Brand Research & Insights - Assistant Director will work closely with the Brand Research & Insights Leader and our agency partners across all aspects of the Global Brand Survey and Global Brand Campaign reporting. They will help engage key stakeholders and build trusted relationships, produce informative reports that measure our strategic progress, unearth new insights with the potential to create business value, and produce a range of outputs in response to stakeholder requests.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, resilient team player with strong stakeholder management skills, excellent project management, analytic and communication skills and good business acumen.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Knowledge, Competency and Skill Requirements:
- Stakeholder engagement: Managing relationships with key stakeholders across the BMC leadership team and the business. Working collaboratively with other BMC teams including brand & advertising, service lines and regions. Maintaining good working relationships with other non-BMC functions, such as Global Strategy and Global People teams.
- Analysis and reporting: Developing insightful research reports covering all areas of the business from the Global Brand Survey and Global Brand Campaign. Driving data integrity and automation of standardised reports. Interrogating data to find compelling stories that lead to business change. Developing bespoke analysis in response to specific business challenges.
- Research and agency management: Project managing the Global Brand Survey and the Global Brand Campaign's impact surveys. Working closely with other team members and our agencies to deliver best-in-class outputs and driving a quality agenda. Supporting internal teams with research best practice advice.
- Experienced in engaging with senior stakeholders, understanding their business problems and designing new research or re- analysing existing research to solve their business issues.
- Able to think on their feet and confidently present and defend research findings.
- A strong communicator and report writer able to quickly distil the key messages.
- Champion of research best practices, with expertise in a wide range of methodologies.
- Naturally curious and hands-on in data analysis to build compelling insights and stories.
- Proficient in data analysis technologies (eg, Tableau, Spotfire, SPSS), MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks in complex quantitative research projects
- Experience in building and managing changes to sample databases.
- Interested in understanding how businesses work and ideally has experience in the professional services environment.
- Enjoys working in a diverse environment and the opportunity to work with BMC colleagues around the world.
- Project supervision and agency management responsibilities
- Collaborates with rest of the research team and BMC network
- A strong team player, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually or independently
- Accuracy and attention to detail; reliability
- Able to work in a high pace, fluid environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Global travel may be required pending business needs
- Minimum of 3 years experience in researching C-Suite in large companies.
- Extensive experience in managing complex multi-national studies.
- Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with senior-level stakeholders