Brand and Marketing Director
Octopus is a group of companies which invests in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world.
We believe that the companies serving two of our most important needs - our financial wellbeing and our planet's future - are failing. And we want that to change. We want everything we do, whether that's in financial services or energy supply, to have a positive impact on the people it touches.
In our financial services business, we care as much about the impact our investments have, as we do about the returns that we generate for our investors. We manage more than £9.1 billion* on behalf of retail and institutional investors, specialising in renewable energy, real estate, smaller company and venture capital investing.
Our energy supply business - Octopus Energy, is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. It has grown from start-up to more than 1.7 million customers over the last four years and is now the #1 rated UK energy supply business, and the only one to be recommended by Which? three years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Seccl Technology and Octopus Wealth are all part of Octopus Group. Visit www.octopusgroup.com Job Description Role in a sentence (purpose and vision for the role)
We're looking for a commercially driven leader to work alongside our sales and data and insights teams to raise £2bn into Octopus products from retail and institutional investors. Key responsibilities of the role
Qualifications To thrive in this role and hit the ground running will need experience covering the following responsibilities;
- Working with sales teams to build integrated 'distribution' strategies that sit across sales people, marketing and data
- Working with data teams to build sales funnels and purchasing pattern hypothesis based on behavioural and transactional data
- Understanding our customers, including sales cycle, segmentation and targeting
- Campaign planning and execution (our key channels for institutional and retail investors are virtual events, email marketing, targeted advertising, partner/sponsor marketing, websites, PR and sales collateral)
- Maintaining and evolving a lead qualification model that everyone understands and finds useful
- Brand development amongst investor audience
- Managing a team, ensuring co-ordination between the management layer, and clear communications that direct, motivate and energise to the broader team
- Interim oversight of operational processes, centralised delivery, masterbrand, public affairs and corporate comms
But its not just about responsibilities, its about how you operate and your behaviors.
- Creating a single 'distribution' approach across data, CRM, sales and marketing, including leading on targeting strategy and segmentation, and behavioural funnels
- Lead qualification
- Analytics, attribution modelling and measuring ROI
- Content marketing, omnichannel
- Working knowledge of a standard marketing tech stack
- B2B / intermediary marketing (in some part of financial services)
- Delivery - making things happen, running many marketing programmes in parallel
- Participation in a leadership team (this role sits on Octopus Investments ManCo)
You'll love this role if:
- Embody the Octopus values being bold, straightforward and helpful
- Energised and ready to inspire a large team
- Needs to be able to listen, understand and collaborate across all levels of the organisation
- Should have a bias to action - be able to deal with high volumes of work and multiple workstreams
- Extensive management experience essential - need a strong track record in driving high performance out of teams, and managing (and trusting) senior people
- Progressive ideas, and resilience to implement them
Additional Information Our Values and DNA
- You're wired to capture your customers attention, and nurture that through to a sale
- You're not afraid of responsibility, and you want a big role with a lot of scope
- You want to run a large team that is a critical player in the growth of one of the UKs fastest growing group of businesses
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold. We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best. What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.