- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Controls and Middle Office Technology
We require a Business Analyst to join our Controls and Middle Office Technology area. Our team is currently building a new strategic platform for Regulatory reporting using Python, Scala, Angular JS and SQL Server as the core technologies. This is a high profile project for the bank and we have assembled a multi-skilled team to deliver this platform, as part of a multi-year investment in regulatory reporting technology.
We have identified an opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join the team in order to scale our solution to meet an expanded set of regulatory requirements. The role will cover reporting rules and associated control processes for Quality Assurance purposes.
You will play a key role in the delivery of the new platform and will be responsible for ensuring quality of the product whilst adhering to strict schedules dictated by regulatory driven deadlines.
We are a group of more than 350 globally, who are responsible for developing systems that support Regulatory reporting, protecting the bank against operational risks and facilitating the creation of accurate and effective reporting of trading results. We believe in teams, self-organisation and technical excellence. We are a relaxed, friendly, innovative group. We offer excellent developers a great place to work, interesting problems to solve and market-leading benefits. We know that a diverse team helps us to think creatively and to build excellent solutions. We are keen to meet candidates from a variety of backgrounds.
As a Business Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
- Delivery of a new Regulatory reporting platform
- Analysis based on the adaptation of regulatory text to our complex internal infrastructure and varied business flows
- Writing tech specs and feature files
- Planning and estimation
- Adherence to an SDLC
As a Business Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, articulation of concepts is key
- Experience of delivering a system into a Markets environment
- Robust risk management practices
- A good sense of accountability
- Proven analytical ability to solve complex issues
- An ability to create clarity in ambiguous situations against a deadline
- Comfort in navigating a complex organisational structure to deliver the power of the organisation
- Regulatory reporting experience associated in jurisdictions such as MiFID 2 or EMIR
- Knowledge and experience of Agile and Lean software development practices. Exposure to Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development (TDD) would be highly beneficial
- Experience of building a control environment around regulatory reporting flows
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.