- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
The IHS Markit Data Lake team is responsible for building a new enterprise solution to enable discovery, accessibilty, understanding, usability (at scale) of our organization's massive data assets that span multiple business lines. Easy access to data will enable thousands of data analysts and scientists at IHSM to discover new insights, realize new synergies and savings, and help create new commercial opportunities.
The Business Analyst works directly with Product Owners & the Business to identify, analyze and document business requirements. The Business Analyst then works with the development team to translate these items into development tasks and user stories. The Business Analyst plays a key role liasing with the agile development team by working closely with them on a daily basis to provide a unified voice for product requirements & prioritization of work.
Product strategy & roadmap
- Works closely with Product Owner to break down and sequence broad product requirements into an incremental development approach to deliver business value
- Creates necessary user stories and guides development team in these stories
- Provides thought partnership on business solution and complex problem solving
- Clarifies complex user stories as needed, especially on features that require specialized knowledge
- Leads requirements gathering effort for a set of epics, consulting with product management, the business and technologists
- Ensures consistent and common solutions for a coherent user experience
- Collaborates with technology team to ensure understanding of product requirements
- Ensures project timelines and milestones are being met, or escalates to Product Owner
- Drives business acceptance of user stories
- Supports the development and execution of plans for the production launch.
- Document new feature implementations and release notes.
Education and experience
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, Economics, Engineering, related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of Agile Software Development preferred
- Experience with Big Data, analytics and cloud technologies
- 3-5 years Pprevious experience as a business analyst preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth, results oriented team environment
- Strong ability to work independently and efficiently, prioritize multiple tasks, and execute reliably
- Solid organizational and time management skills, plus attention to detail
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.