- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
We're looking for an experienced and capable co-Business Analyst/Project Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, technical environment. This role will liaise between client business stakeholders, Markit Digital tech teams, and client tech teams across EMEA and the US, and ultimately work to size, implement and executes client projects on time and in scope.
As both the voice of both the client and Markit Digital, it is crucial that a full understanding of both businesses can be quickly digested. The ideal candidate will be one with prior technical project management and business analyst experience with an background of the financial sector. This candidate needs to have clear communication skills via all channels (over the phone, in person, in writing), and be able to advocate business needs while understanding technical practicalities.
A demonstrated ability to understand & document business requirements, build and execute project plans, and gain sign off from business stakeholders will be keys to success in this role. The candidate will be expected to work cross-functionally within the firm and with the client's internal team, and will regularly interact with a diverse set of colleagues and clients, including marketing, sales, design, development, and engineering teams.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Requirement gathering and analysis
- The ability to fully understand customer needs and express those needs accurately in written documentation
- Develop/deliver detailed user requirements, assist with the production of technical specifications to communicate user requirements in technical terms
- Ensure local and global legal & regulatory requirements are met
- Establishing Processes
- Help implement client/Markit Digital partnership workflow via understanding both client and Markit existing workflows and processes, and implementing best practices accordingly
- Ability to work within and manage Markit Digital work flow, as well as client workflow when delivering and launching projects for each
- Project management:
- Deliver projects on time and in scope
- Monitor progress, maintain regular and timely update on project timeline and status
- Run multiple workstreams and projects to meet needs/requirements from different countries
- Manage projects across functional teams in the organization, including business, engineering, development, design and quality assurance teams
- Manage internal communication on project milestones, scope, issues, risks, and opportunities
- Prioritize tasks and effectively manage day-to-day issues
- Identify and manage both business and project risks
- Assess and evaluate project results
- Act as laison between client and Markit Digital
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on timlinesss, workload management, and meeting coordination across multiple stakeholder groups and time zones
- Focus on client service
- Interpersonal and collaborative skills:
- Support internal team members as well as internal and external stakeholders. Professional communications skills a must.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Team player with ability to collaborate and willing to assist others
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in project management
- 5+ years prior experience with software development lifecycle
- Experience within the EMEA finance sector (within UK, Germany, and Italy a plus)
- Proven analytic and problem solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively to clients, managers and technical staff
- Prior experience with business analysis, requirements definition and process analysis
- Knowledge of database, network, storage, web, and mission critical systems
- Fundamental understanding of all aspects of systems/software development lifecycle (including website, app, analytics, tracking, marketing technology)
- Team player with the ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate
- Ability to balance working within different office environments
- Displays a consistent, positive, can-do professional attitude
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Conveys strong passion and accountability for team success
- Think out of the box to support digital marketing in delivering objectives rather than just responding to a predefined requests
- A desire to learn, understand and improve processes and business rules to better serve the team and our clients
- A strong commitment to quality and attention to detail ensuring that the end product is completed accurately, and on time
- Ability to work across various time zones and cultural differences.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.