Octopus Property is one of the industry's leading specialist lenders with an impressive track record and numerous awards. With a highly experienced team and a clear vision for growth, now is an exciting time to join the business as we continue to the next phase of our journey.
Octopus Property is undergoing a Digital Transformation, becoming increasingly data driven through adopting innovative technology, to further enhance its award winning leading service levels. Ahead of us lies a period of process re-engineering, process optimisation, technology adoption and technology change. We need great thinkers, innovators and agents of change to help us transform the business and the market place.
Ahead of us lies a period of process re-engineering, process optimisation, technology adoption and technology change. We need great thinkers, innovators and agents of change to help us transform the business and the market place.
Working as part of the Digital Transformation team you will be ideally placed to help design the future operational model for the business, define and build the KPIs that will be used to measure and drive performance improvements and support delivery of both business and technology change. Your experience of working in agile and waterfall delivery approaches will enhance the impact you have on the business and on your output of high quality, well defined and testable requirements.
T ype of projects
- Process optimisation of hand-offs between multiple teams as part of the customer journey from enquiry through to signed contract
- Data definition of key measurement points in new processes and creation of management information reporting
- Requirements definition & project management for small enhancements and larger redesign of components within key line of business systems
- Lead and support the wider business in testing of new technology deployments
- Requirements analysis for data sharing agreements with credit bureaus
- Supporting teams in the roll-out of new technology in support of existing business processes
- Experienced in managing multiple in-flight projects and prioritise between them effectively.
- Ability to elicit business and detailed requirements across multiple functions in a complex and fast-changing environment.
- Ability to create Target Operating Models.
- Ability to document and validate requirements including AS IS and TO BE processes, and ensure documentation is robust enough to enable development and testing estimation.
- Ability to take a risk-based approach to analysis - using experience to prioritise areas that are most important while compromising where appropriate.
- Strong data literacy - comfortable data models, analyzing complex data systems for trends and defining reporting requirements
- Broad understanding of a financial services lending business.
- Ability to navigate, manage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders including senior management.
- Significant hands-on project delivery experience, both IT and non IT preferable, including practical understanding of non-functional considerations, defect and release management.
- Experience working with software vendors and third parties; experience with RFPs and contract negotiation/generation/review is preferred.
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we're always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions.
All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.