Who we're looking for
Schroders Capital is the private asset division of Schroders, providing investors with access to a broad range of private asset investment opportunities, portfolio building blocks and customised private asset strategies. To support continuing growth of Schroders Capital, we are looking for a Business Analyst, capable of supporting diverse and time bound projects.
The programmes supported by the successful individual will enable more flexible and efficient services, ensuring compliance to regulations, improved customer experience, better use of technology, better UX, realising target operating models and delivering leaner processes.
We require an individual with an excellent track record of delivering change across Technology and Business disciplines.
The Business Analyst will be accountable to the Head of Private Assets Change, but will also work significantly with project and program managers alongside the business areas.
You will be part of the newly established change practice at Schroders Capital. The change practice designs and delivers solutions to Schroders Capital and its business areas (Real Estate, Private Equity, Infrastructure, Insurance-Linked Securities).
What you'll do
• Analysis of functional, business and technical requirements into flexible, strategic solutions
• Lead by example through setting analysis standards and project approaches
• Facilitate Agile (SAFe) delivery
• Work with business SMEs to write and enrich user stories/features for the delivery team to work on
• Support the delivery lead through ad-hoc analysis requests and planning exercises
• Produce MI and artefacts for senior stakeholders
• Support the delivery team to increase efficiency and effectiveness through self organisation
• Propose new ideas/ways of working to elicit change requests from the business
• Support business users with ad-hoc queries
• Support the full project lifecycle through to implementation
• Practice, develop and promote the use of standards for change.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• 3+ years experience of working in Asset Management and Change/Technology
• Exposure to Alternative Investments
• Experience in business analysis or similar change role
• Understanding of agile working practices
• Logical, structured thought processes and good problem-solving skills
• Strong relationship management and ability to engage both Business and Technology stakeholders
• Track-record of delivery within large programmes
• Detailed and logical approach with full traceability of analysis
• Pro-active and delivery-focused
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of SAFe working practices is desirable
• International Diploma in Business Analysis
• Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (IMC, FAI)
What you'll be like
• A team oriented individual
• Flexible, self-motivated, enthusiastic and willing to learn
• A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
• Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
• Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once
• Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
• Keen to improve what we do for our clients
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.