Business Analyst -London or Milton Keynes-Returnship Programme
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
The returnship programme at Santander is a flexible 20-week scheme, during which you will have all the help you need to ease back into your career.
Develop your career at the heart of our business
When you join our 20 week Returnship programme as a Business Analyst, you will work collaboratively with business stakeholders to ensure delivery of key management and performance information to support day-to-day service delivery.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Business Analyst your main responsibilities will be:
- Working across multiple smaller projects managing small teams
- Participation in the Design process coordinated by the Programme Management team, from design approval to functional design completion - helping to ensure the functionality/benefits envisaged are delivered.
- Support the testing strategy and input into the coverage of test scenarios and conditions ensuring all requirements in scope are tested.
- Document business requirements for new products, services and functions and ensure the smooth implementation of these business requirements whilst anticipating the impact of the changes plus all risks and issues.
- Use data modelling practices to analyses your findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes.
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary.
Minimum skills and experience required:
- Business analysis and project management experience with the ability to work on multiple projects within defined timeframes
- Experience managing complexity, ambiguity and change
- Excellent analytical and analysis skills (quantitative/statistics), coupled with an informed, evidence-based approach
- Problem-solving skills (breaking down complex problem in to manageable pieces, vetting assumptions, creating frameworks, testing hypotheses, etc.)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to build rapport and establish immediate credibility at all levels
- Relevant academic qualifications
Please note for the duration of your 20 week programme, your salary will be a proration of your annualised salary.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year, prorated
- £6,000 car allowance per year, prorated
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.