Business Analyst - Aladdin
- Competitive with Excellent Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Jupiter Asset Management Ltd
- 21 Jun 18 2018-06-21
The role sits within part of the core Jupiter Change Management team, alongside staff working on other aspects of CIO driven change such as Research or bespoke process improvements outside of Aladdin. The successful candidate will own the relationship with BlackRock as we seek to get the most benefit from the Aladdin platform,
The role sits within part of the core Jupiter Change Management team, alongside staff working on other aspects of CIO driven change such as Research or bespoke process improvements outside of Aladdin.
Due to the nature of the outsourced platform support provided by BlackRock Solutions, the role has a combination of core business analysis and relationship management aspects, as the candidate will be expected to work directly with Jupiter users such as Portfolio Managers, understanding their use of the system, analysing and documenting required changes, and liaising with key BlackRock Solutions contacts to ensure they are prioritised and delivered.
The successful candidate is anticipated to have a track record with Aladdin either from a project role, or from a user perspective – e.g. a background in Dealing or Operations. This experience is weighted above formal project experience.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with Fund Management and Dealing in support of both BAU and strategic change needs
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and task and workflow analysis
- Facilitate prioritisation of change requirements for BRS from internal user groups
- Liaise with BRS to ensure requirements are understood, scheduled and delivered
- Drive adoption of BRS functionality within user groups, leveraging ‘super users’ within the business to facilitate
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing of changes delivered by BRS, both those requested by Jupiter and those originating from the core BRS product pipeline
- Strong Asset Management knowledge and experience
- Business and technical change experience
- Aladdin experience, either as a user or from implementation projects. The right candidate will have a sound working knowledge of key Aladdin components – Aladdin View, Green Package, Prism, PRT etc
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Adaptable and a flexible approach to work
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading fund management companies. Jupiter is a focused, active fund manager with a well-known brand and an established track record. Founded in 1985 as a specialist boutique, Jupiter has become one of the UK’s most respected and successful fund management groups.
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs) but also for institutional clients, through separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a sustained period of growth with offices now open in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Stockholm, Italy, Spain, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Our main offices are based in the heart of London’s Victoria, and only a short walk from St James Park and Buckingham Palace.
As a people business, we value our employees and aim to build a positive and inclusive environment in which they can work and develop their skills. Our culture gives employees the opportunity to perform and develop as individuals within a structured control and governance framework. We are a human capital business and our staff are a significant component in the successful execution of our strategy. We believe high levels of employee engagement and equity ownership drive business outperformance.
Our ambition is to recruit the best people from the broadest pool of applicants; inclusion is an environment that supports differences and encourages diverse perspectives. It means respect and appreciation across the full spectrum of race, gender identity, age, national origin, social background, marital status, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, education and religion.