Business Analyst - FRTB
Company & Team - "About Us"
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Within IHS Markit, the FRTB team which is part of the Pricing, Valuation and Reference Data group oversees delivering the best of breed solution for banks looking for IMA solution as well as other regulatory related requirements. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
FRTB team is looking for a motivated individual with strong analytical skills who can demonstrate experience in business analysis and workflow development with focus on understanding financial data. The candidate should also possess strong problem solving and communication skills with ability to work in an agile environment.
Duties & accountabilities:
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Delivery detailed business and functional requirement specifications with clear identifying business objectives, deliveries and priorities
- Identify options for potential solutions, including assessment of technical and business suitability and work with development team for optimal design solutions
- Ability to conduct thorough and detailed analysis for requirements from existing systems, previous drafts, and SME interviews
- Demonstrate the ability to use a broad range of business analysis skills, methodologies and techniques including Gap Analysis, Feasibility studies, Use case modelling, etc
- Ensure consistency of specifications across sub-systems. Look and feel / corporate branding very important
- Utilise analytical tools to develop workflow, cross functional and process flow diagrams
- Liaise with internal and/or external stakeholders to provide expertise and input where necessary
- Good client facing skills and the ability to work/communicate with global stakeholders to develop and interpret business requirements is essential
- Technical competency to troubleshoot and understand common problems and communicate to team
- Able to work with QA and Development Team to ensure implementation meets design and requirements
- Use industry expertise to help define best-fit solutions
Education and experience:
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in Business, Finance or Technology preferred
- 7+ years of experience, at least 3-5 years with core BA responsibilities covering multiple new and enhancement projects
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and well organized
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Careful attention to detail
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint
- Experience as a business analyst in the financial markets or related business areas; focus on data
- Experience in a financial firm is required
- Regulatory, OTC Derivatives and Financial Markets knowledge
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from home
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.