- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Business Analyst - Global Events (SQL & VB)
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Business Analyst is responsible for supporting the Global Events Team in the development and management of their various platforms, with the goals of improving team efficiency and business impact.
• Working with the business to identify the need for reporting requirements, design and develop solutions, and support them from launch and beyond
o Designing, maintaining interactive activity and financial dashboards, using SQL, VB, SharePoint, Tableau.
o Supporting the ad hoc data and analysis requirements for regional teams
• Management of cross-regional productivity projects
o Developing and implementing cross-regional projects to drive best practice e.g. creating business reports
• Responsible for the administration of systems including monitoring, testing, enhancing and improving system performance on an ongoing basis of department-specific platforms including SharePoint
• Effective project management and collaboration across multiple stakeholders: develop timeline and assign and agree responsibilities; manage stakeholders to ensure all aspects are on track; highlight issues which may reduce impact
• Working with IT and other business stakeholders on quarterly releases and development cycles
The EMEA Event and Outreach Team supports client retention and lead generation objectives across MCO. The team is split into three areas, each with unique deliverables, internal stakeholders and external clients / prospects. The MIS Event team deliver a timely and topical programme of activities to our research subscribers and key prospects across the region. The MIS Premium team deliver high-touch activities to the key buy-side institutions in Western European key financial centers. The MA Event team deliver a pan-regional range of programmes across the ERS, Advisory, Training, Capital Markets, Structured Valuations and ECCA groups.
- Collaborative and highly organized, detail and process oriented self-starter
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, think critically and possess analytical skills, plus strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of successful interactions with diverse stakeholders is required
- Experience presenting data, analytics and insights to senior management
- A history of effective interactions with an ability to communicate business and technical concepts to diverse stakeholders at various levels of the organization is required
- Project management experience, including managing global multi-stakeholder projects; qualifications would be a plus
- A broad understanding of databases and SQL, excellent excel skills including VB. Knowledge of web services and API's an advantage
- Very strong Tableau skills/Power BI skills
- Good 'tech' knowledge, including understanding of Cloud technologies (Machine Learning - a distinct advantage)
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce), Sales and Marketing data (Marketo), and Event Management systems (Cvent) is highly beneficial
- A degree in an analytical field (for example Business Analytics, Science, Math, Engineering, Economics, Finance) is preferred
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.