For one of our biggest clients - a market-leading Asset Management that manage the assets of some of the world’s largest institutions - we are looking for an experienced Business Analyst working on one of the popular products within their investment platform. The candidate must be a resident in the UK and already working in London, ideally able to start immediately or with a negotiable notice period. If you are interested in this job opportunity, do not hesitate to send me your CV. This position is handled by Lorenzo Giorgio (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our client manages the assets of some of the world’s largest institutions, financial intermediaries and their clients. Their culture welcomes independent thinkers and centres on investment excellence, a long-term perspective and dedication to client service.
As a Business Analyst, you will join the Investment Platform, which brings together all the systems (a mix of internal applications and vendor systems) used by all staff worldwide for managing, trading & operationally supporting equity, fixed income, multi-asset, fund of funds and hedge fund portfolios.
- Working alongside colleagues & stakeholders to define and write user stories.
- Liaising closely with product owners and architects to support, develop and challenge the product roadmaps.
- Playing an active part in backlog-refinement sessions with the Agile team.
- Working on initiatives aimed at creating business value, complying with regulation standards or bringing innovation to our technical stack
- Workshop hosting/ideation, driving definition of needs & documenting needs
- Supporting & working with the development team to refine & validate product requests
- Supporting quality assurance manager
- Validate developments
- Provide support during FAT & UAT campaign
- Becoming a subject-matter expert in a given field (e.g. investment, trading, operations, risk).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a business-related field, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Asset Management is essential
- In-depth understanding of buy-side asset management PMS, OMS and book-of-record systems. Previous experience with industry-leading vendor products would be a definite plus.
- Proven skills and abilities in leading initiatives, with good cross-functional leadership and drive to influence the organisation in a cross-functional way.
- Personal leadership and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to engage at different levels of the organisation and with external parties and vendors.
- Proven experience of Scrum methodology and practices. Experience with interviewing users, writing user stories, grooming the product backlog and prioritising in a changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including preparing presentations, presenting to peers and being able to sell new ideas and solutions.
- Solid knowledge of the following products: Equities, Fixed Income, Listed Derivatives and OTC (OPTIONS, SWAPS, REPO)
- Be ready to learn, embrace new subjects & develop knowledge & expertise.
Must be a current resident in the UK and already working in London.
Intial contract: 12 months
Starting date: ASAP
If you are interested in this job opportunity, do not hesitate to send me your CV. This position is handled by Lorenzo Giorgio (email@example.com) .