Business Analyst - Junior
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 25 May 19
Business Analyst - Junior
Business Analyst - Senior
With over 20,000 employees working across 95 offices all around the world, the diverse and vibrant community at S&P Global is unlike one you'll find anywhere else. This is an opportunity to join the Technology Product Management Team working closely with business stakeholders to define and deliver IT solutions to a variety of business problems in a highly collaborative, agile environment.
We are in search of a highly motivated individual who is ready to take their career to the next level in a fast-growing company. Do you love defining solutions to complex business problems as well as getting in the trenches and working with the team to get the work done? Do you like working with state of the art technology?
What's in it for you:
You will be a leading member of an Agile Scrum team accountable for delivering high quality software to internal and external customers. The chance to dig in to complicated technical details surrounding product requirements and specifications. Work with and guide our Product Owners, Software Architects and others to fill in technical gaps in requirements. Contribute to the full project lifecycle from concept through build to adoption and digital engagement. Build and improve your skills by working with new technologies whilst driving lean and agile processes.
- Work with Champion, Technology Product Owner and Technology Leads to propose solutions and work with their Scrum team to define MVP for delivery within the time constraints provided.
- Build knowledge and expertise of products, services, or technologies and content and methodologies offered by S&P Ratings.
- Work independently with little or no supervision on Agile activities. Monitoring team members on Agile best practices. Conduct all Scrum activities with the established framework of Agile.
- Build knowledge of business requirements, data models, user interfaces and navigation specifications that bridge business need with systems design/deliverables.
- Tailor presentations/communications to varied audiences (i.e. business vs. technical and working group), negotiate and/or build consensus with partners/support organizations.
- Play the role of Scrum Master for their Scrum team, drive creation of backlog of scope in alignment to overall project goals, facilitate Scrum activities, driving towards highly optimized collaboration by promoting self-organization.
- Lead solution design and estimation activities as a SME representative of the scrum team.
- Manage roll out and adoption of technical products to internal and external consumers, contribute to the continuous improvement of those processes and artifacts. Manage execution of digital engagement strategies. Provide white glove customer facing support. Support the measurement of user sentiment, and value realization data and KPI's to feed into product roadmaps and backlogs.
- Act as a regional subject matter expert analysing regional jurisdiction business and control differences to ensure solutions designs meet our global user base.
What We're Looking For:
Candidate should have familiarity and foundational understanding of the below concepts:
- Use Judgment based on practice and precedence to accurately define problems by trying to understand underlying factors/causes.
- Proposing, implementing, and evaluating technical solutions to business problems
- Strong writing, conceptualization, and analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills - Well developed communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information
- Ability to form questions and hypothesis about long-term strategy of business and follow through with technical solutions
- Managing the Scrum process
- Agile story writing
- Data Analysis / Basic SQL
It is beneficial is the candidate has experience with the below:
- Commercial customer facing products
- Big Data, Data Science, Data Governance, Content Management
- Risk & Regulatory
- Change Management
- Digital customer engagement and outreach
- Digital Training Development/Design
- BA/BS degree in a related area such as finance, economics, information technology, or business
- Proven track record in related professional experience (BA, QA or management consulting)
- Proven track record of experience in a financial industry/financial services
- Scrum Master or Agile certification
- Lean Management / Six Sigma Certification
- Demonstrated understanding of the following:
Equity and Corporate Credit Analysis; Structured Finance; Ratings Process; Finance/Accounting
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings