Business Analyst - Technology
Job Description: Business Analyst - Technology
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry. We are:
• Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
• Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
• Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
• Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture. ROLE DESCRIPTION
We are rapidly expanding our footprint in the UK. Capco are looking for Technical Business Analysts with experience supporting a wide range of technical projects. The nature of these roles offers long term deployments and the chance to experience varied technology change initiatives.
The role has a global focus and will entail collaborating with Business, Operations, Finance, Compliance, IT and other functions located primarily in London.
Fitting that description, you will also need to be Supremely Personally Motivated to work in a team where clients become colleagues too. SKILLS & EXPERTISE
It will be very useful if you have some or all of the following skills and experience:
• Experience working as an Analyst within Financial Services/ Capital Market and primarily around IT Transformation programs and technical change projects
• Technology background with technical experience developing requirements and designs or; systems developer, systems engineer, database administrator, systems tester
• Business Case Development - proven project and modelling skills, to represent information in forms that enhance decision making and communications
• Change Management Implementation - experience working in financial services change environments and understanding of the SDLC/ITIL model. User Acceptance Testing co-ordination, test planning and execution.
• Process Re-engineering - strong academic record coupled to good problem solving skills and analytical mind-set very advantageous
• Conducting Design Activity - proven ability to run effective workshops for client business users
• Creating, analysing, and validating detailed functional specifications.
• Delivering elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables
• Best practice solutions and tools - ability to advise clients regarding process improvement initiatives. Candidates should be comfortable presenting complex solutions in clear and concise language
• Governance Models - ability to develop effective governance frameworks
• Excellent Communication and Stakeholder Management Skills - the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences across business function and level and tailor messages appropriately
• Requirements Gathering - the ability to produce structured functional specification, including experience of User Story
• Data Analysis and Interpretation - the ability to critically evaluate information gathered across multiple sources, reconcile variances and recommend proposals to senior management and key stakeholders. WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry. We offer:
• A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients
• Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing
• A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners
and directly with clients
• A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture If you want more autonomy, better prospects, and a more exciting career, come and join us!