Business Analyst - Trade Routing Applications - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
See job description for details
The team is looking for a well-rounded candidate to join its global business analysis team to help manage and escalate data quality (DQ) issues in our Front Office databases. The initial focus will be help reduce MIFID2 issues but longer term the candidate is expected to help drive improvements to the DQ overall in the FO trade plant.
The ideal candidate will have broad business analysis experience related to front and middle office transactional systems across multiple asset classes such as Cash Equity, Listed Derivatives, Fixed Income, FX and Commodities products.
The role requires the ability to perform analysis and drive business enablement projects spanning multiple teams and regions front to back. The prospective candidate should be comfortable working with IT and business unit stakeholders across the organization (Front Office, Reporting, Risk, Compliance, Operations, Sales and Trading teams etc.), regarding the representation of transactions and trade related data including Orders, Fills and Trade reports, within our systems.
The prospective candidate would be responsible for analyzing message flows, the development of new data models to enable new business and products, and the maintenance of existing models. Model development includes defining messaging and persistence standards across business and product lines.
In addition, the role encompasses the development of strict rules-based data contracts derived from multiple stakeholder requirements, root cause analysis of violations of those rules, and co-ordination with system owners and developers of the violating systems to rectify problems.
- Experience with logical data modeling for the representation and storage of trades
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to propose creative solutions to complex messaging and modeling problems
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills to document and explain models to multiple stakeholders
- Influencing and relationship building across global teams
- Ability to influence external teams to conform to models/standard
- Project management/coordination skills
- Ability to multitask and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Specification/requirements gathering
- Experience with FIX messaging protocol
- Logical data modeling using ER diagramming
- Experience with the FIX messaging protocol
- Basic knowledge of either DB2, Greenplum, kdb
- In depth front to back knowledge of at least one asset class, eg Equity cash or Listed Derivatives
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1