- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Mar 19
Business Analyst # 127908
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
Overview of business area:
You will be working in the Tax IT BA team as a member of the Tax Reporting team. Our main role is to support the bank in meeting its Tax liabilities and ensuring compliance to upcoming and existing Tax regulations included to Tax EMEA Book of Work.
Our vision is to:
- Understand the current and emerging needs of Global Tax in order to be aligned to the Finance strategy and internal and external requirements.
- Deliver a best practice financial and reputational tax risk management environment for Credit Suisse.
- Deliver Tax solutions that are robust, sustainable and aligned with business strategy.
Tax Portfolio has a significant innovation and data & analytics agenda using technologies like Visualization, Cloud, Machine Learning, Design Thinking, etc. Our projects will be predominately delivered in Agile methodology, with only some minor instances using traditional waterfall SDLC.
Key Responsibilities in our Team
- Gathering, clarifying and reconciling requirements with business located in various locations (Change the Bank projects).
- End to end delivery of book of work within the assigned project(s)/work stream(s). This requires involvement in all the phases of SDLC. This involves, but is not limited to, analyzing problem at hand, writing FRDs, User stories and other documents, taking walkthrough for Development and testing team, assisting business in UAT and act as a single point of contact for all the business partners.
- Create and describe User Stories together with Acceptance Criteria.
- Investigating for the logic required to be implemented in order to build new or modify existing calculations.
- Data analysis:
- Figure out required data scope.
- Specify data interfaces.
- Create data validation rules.
- Design data integrity rules.
- Check and assure good quality of incoming information by explaining all doubts with BA's and Business.
- Support teams of developers to delivery changes according to the requirements.
- Preparing and performing tests scenarios and test cases based on business, functional and non-functional requirements
You will have opportunity to cooperate with people from different locations and cultures.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Analytical thinking, Inquisitiveness and curiosity is a requirement.
- Practical skills in preparing business and system analysis.
- Prior experience within Agile team is mandatory. Agile Certification a big plus.
- Interpersonal skills on high level.
- Skills in creating and running test scenarios and tests cases.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- System analysis experience within banking and financial services. With relevant experience in implementing Tax transformation and Tax reporting projects.
- Prior experience in DevOps framework is preferable.
- Exposure to International Transfer pricing regulations is desirable.
- Exposure to tax regulatory reporting domain (VAT, GST, FATCA, AEI, BEAT etc.) should be an added advantage.
- Prior experience on calculation application or a rule based engine is expected.
- Knowledge of Big Data, Machine learning and visualization tools like Tableau, Qliksense is desirable.
For more information visit Technology Careers.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.