Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we’re building
We now need a Business Analyst / Project Manage to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Asset Management function, so it can support Canada Life’s Individual and Wealth businesses as well as other Great West group companies through the management of their general account portfolios, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers in both Europe and North America.
The Business Analyst / Project Manager will be responsible for the successful completion of a wide range of divisional initiatives. The Business Analyst / Project Manager will work closely with Investment teams, Operations teams and I.S as well as business partners and 3rd parties to deliver initiatives including business processes, controls, product innovations and new product launches involving various systems used pre-dominantly within and around the Investments division.
What you’ll do
- To analyse, validate and confirm business requirements and ensure that these are built into changes made to processes and system during delivery. This includes:
- Identifying impacted stakeholders and systems
- Documenting business requirements in a formal manner including the facilitation of formal approvals.
- Translate business and system requirements into test scenarios/cases and manage these through to completion.
- Prioritisation of all requirements into a formal project plan for execution
- Manage all new client/portfolio on boarding for the business including managing the operational
- aspects of new business with internal stakeholders, business partners and 3rd parties.
- To Project Manage, co-ordinate and deliver activities in support of project implementation to include maintaining a budget, training preparation, data analysis and supporting cutover and post go-live activities.
- To report on a regular basis on progress, highlighting any issues at the earliest opportunity. To recommend solutions to these issues such that they are resolved in the most cost effective manner
Who you are
- Ability to identify business requirements and analyse and translate these into requirements documents
- Ability to translate business requirements into test scenarios and cases and mange through to completion
- Ability to prioritise, delegate, respond and follow-up issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ability to develop project plans and monitoring techniques to ensure the effective provision of the project to time, quality and cost
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Effective project control skills covering risk management, budgetary management, contingency planning and change control
- Experience of the software development lifecycle (Waterfall and Agile)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands on manual testing experience
- Self-motivated with the initiative to liaise with business and I.S. resources, stakeholders and management
- Understanding of asset management products, processes and systems
- Ability to demonstrate awareness of the regulatory framework around asset management products
- Education to A level standard – minimum
- Degree level qualification desirable
- Ideal but not essential – Prince 2 qualification, Accounting qualification, Chartered Securities Institute Diploma or equivalent
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences