Business Analyst / Project Manager - Wealth & Asset Management Consultant
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:17 Oct 18
Business Analyst / Operations Change / Regulatory Change / Wealth & Asset Management / Project Manager,
Our Client a “big 4” consultancy firm has an urgent need for a Business Analyst / Consultant to join their rapidly growing Wealth & Asset Management practice. The Wealth & Asset Management practice is a part of client's successful Financial Services business which has grown significantly over the past year and remains on a strong growth trajectory.
We are currently looking to recruit Assistant Managers who can make a significant contribution to the Financial Services Operations and Customer Practice through Wealth & Asset Management (WAM) sector expertise, client engagement and supporting the delivery of new business opportunities. Successful candidates will help grow the FS WAM Operations and Customer practice, through support for business and proposition development and playing a key delivery role in client assignments.
- Project manage client assignments and/or manage a single workstream within a more complex change programme
- Work closely with the client project manager and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
- Support the team to formulate innovative propositions and solutions that meet client requirements.
- Manage and coach a small team.
- Contribute to business development activities through supporting the development of propositions or proposals to meet client needs.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector.
- Business Analyst/Project Manager (to include proven methodologies such as Agile, PRINCE II, MSP) and demonstrable client delivery capabilities.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching.
- Clear ability as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the Wealth & Asset Management sector, with specific emphasis on Customer, Transformation Leadership and Operational Excellence.
- Team player with people management skills.
Skills And Experience
- Wealth & Asset Management experience with exposure to programmes of Operational Change. Understanding of Wealth & Asset Management industry, business processes and underlying technologies
- Prior experience in consulting or working on complex business and regulatory change programmes in the capacity of Business Analyst or Project Manager
- Understanding of the key industry, market and regulatory drivers shaping the Wealth & Asset Management industry and an ability to articulate these by way of client opportunities.
- Key areas of interest include:
- Knowledge of relevant products, fund structures, pricing, customers segments, value chain, suppliers and distribution models of Wealth & Asset Management firms
- Functional knowledge of the distinction between front, middle and back office processes performed for WAM firms
- Functional and business requirements knowledge of IT systems and platforms including typical sourcing options
- Knowledge and experience of the distribution landscape including channels to market, incentives and CRM
- Regulatory driven change such as Pensions Freedom, RDR, MiFID II, AIFMD, CASS, SMCR along with an awareness of the impact of these regulations on our clients and their value chain
- Target Operating Model design and implementation and transformation programme management
- Experience and understanding of Digital Experience Design, Digital Operations and AI across Operations