Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Business Associate (BA) Program is an exciting pathway into our firm for graduating, undergraduate Bachelor's students who are interested in the variety of career opportunities available in the investment management industry. This three-year, London based program will help you gain insight into our industry, firm and culture, as well as knowledge of the many different business divisions that support our investment functions.
The program is split into 6 month rotations across the Global Relationship Group's regional teams where you will be developing your business and technical skillset all while assimilating into the firm, your job and our culture. During the course of the program, you will be discovering your long-term fit here at the firm and have opportunity to learn about other areas of the firm that could be complementary to your skills, interests, and business needs. BAs have successfully transitioned into roles on their current BA teams, onto other teams in the firm and into other offices.
We expect new entrants to join the Business Associate Program in July 2020. During your first two weeks with us, you will be assimilated into the firm through our Base Camp Development Program. This program is designed to equip you with new skills and knowledge of our clients, industry, firm, and culture while developing a strong internal network that will set you up for a successful transition into the firm. By investing in your personal growth on day one, you will help us continue to exceed our client's expectations. PROGRAM ROLE
The Global Relationship Group is responsible for strengthening and growing our prospect, client, and consultant relationships around the world. Wellington Management serves an extremely diverse mix of institutional investors located in over 50 countries. Our clients include public funds, central banks, insurance entities, endowments, foundations, mutual fund sponsors, retirement plan sponsors - both defined benefit and defined contribution - and many other types of institutions. We view business development and relationship management as a point of differentiation among our peers. Our experienced professionals are typically specialized by client type and geography. In carrying out their respective functions, they will take into consideration local nuances and channel differences to ensure a thorough understanding of the unique needs of prospects and clients by being proactive, forward-thinking, and effective communicators.
As a Business Associate, you will collaborate with colleagues across the Global Relationship Group to help support the business development and relationship management efforts of the firm. This position will provide broad exposure to Wellington Management, as it will require interaction and collaboration with individuals across our Client Service Group, Investment Products & Strategies, Legal, and Compliance teams.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare presentation materials, briefing materials and other collateral materials for prospect calls and meetings as well as new business opportunities with existing clients
- Organize prospect and client meeting follow-up items and respond to ad hoc requests, as needed
- Qualify Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and work with internal constituents to ensure that each RFP receives the appropriate response
- Assist with analytics and competitor analysis
- Manage Salesforce to allow members of GRG to better coordinate client/prospect information and insights
- Oversee project work (i.e. analyze industry or channel trends, develop firm analysis, assist with headcount planning), as deemed appropriate
- Undergraduates from all majors graduating with a Bachelor's degree between Fall 2019 - Summer 2020
- Demonstrated passion for investment management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated accomplishments in academics
- Participation in community service and/or extracurricular activities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highest ethical standards and integrity
- Well organized, ability to multi-task and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Sharp quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize information
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high intellectual curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
To be formally considered for the Business Associate (BA) Program,
please apply directly on our external career page: https://www.wellington.com/en/careers/ (click "view jobs" under careers)
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
Wellington Management Company, LLP is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, nationality, ancestry or disability. JOB TITLE
Business Associate JOB FAMILY
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .