Business Consultant - Retail Banking
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 18
GFT are seeking an enthusiastic, confident and tenacious proven Business Consultant to join our Retail Banking team.
As a Business Consultant, you will be a key individual in the growth of the Atlantic retail consulting business, evolving our propositions and at the forefront in expanding relationships with new and existing clients. You will also work closely with the professional services in pursuit of value propositions and client messaging and solutions.
You will represent the entire group portfolio of services, offerings and partner relationships to the market, whilst supporting the Head of Retail in meeting our growth targets in the retail business.
Principal responsibilities of the role
You will work closely with the Head of Retail Sales and Delivery Management, as well as professional services and international businesses:
- Establish and grow productive, professional relationships with key personnel in the assigned customer target accounts
- Co-ordinate the involvement of internal personnel, including delivery management, professional service units and management resources, in order to meet business growth objectives and customers’ expectations
- Proactively lead the GFT teams in account planning process to develop short and long term business growth plans
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate market needs and direction on an ongoing basis
- Build strong relationships across all levels within GFT to ensure delivery and communication on all retail related needs and opportunities
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of key business drivers and issues associated with banking and GFT solutions
- Contribute towards the collation and production of ‘tip of the spear’ propositions and onward development into true offerings
Key skills and experience required
- Account Management/ Strong Sales experience with multiple accounts in Financial Services
- Proven team leadership and mentor experience
- Working within the sales team to share best practice and ideas on how to gain market share
- Proven new business skills
- A good understanding of the service delivery cycle and software development process
- A proven team player who is able to collaborate across cultural boundaries
- Ability to take responsibility for managing own priorities and deliverables
- Experience in near-shore/off-shore, application development and maintenance models
- Good communication skills - able to communicate quickly, clearly and appropriately both internally and externally to senior levels
- Politically astute and sales aware
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
Founded in 1987, the company is now represented with a global team of around 5,500 employees in Europe and North and South America. The GFT share is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange’s Prime Standard (ISIN: DE0005800601).