EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Business Consultant - Senior
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
The role of Business Consultant will encompass the normal responsibilities related to a highly qualified business consultant with level of technical background. The role will be working very closely with the client, development and consulting teams to deliver focused implementations and projects to meet the organisations specific needs.
Ambit Asset Finance is a front-to-back-office solution that provides a consolidated system approach so that businesses can effectively manage their products, partners and applications. The solution's end-to-end capability eliminates the need for companies to maintain multiple systems and provides users with a real-time view of data, enabling decisions based on accurate information, workflow automation for improved accuracy and resourcing, and configurable functionality so that companies can easily respond to market changes and compliance.
- Implementation of AAF at client sites
- Assessing client needs and setting up system to satisfy, identifying gaps, steering course to implement whilst awaiting developments, writing or specifying crystal reports or spread sheets to satisfy requirements.
- Overseeing and participating data take-on, conversion and reconciliation
- Ensuring AAF process satisfies the entire contract lifecycle
- Will include all aspects of the clients business from Application through to contract management accounting, collection, asset management etc
- Training clients staff
- Oversee relevant IT issues
- Liaison with development team that may include specification, fact finding or answering of specific questions in order to satisfy market or client requirements
- The role will include necessity to travel to client sites when required (potentially 70% +)
- Communication with all levels of organisation from input clerk to Client Company Directors and Managers
- Second Level Support as part of the combined Professional/Customer Service team support process. Managing issues through to resolution.
Additionally as a Senior Consultant the following tasks are expected to be performed:
- Assist and mentor other staff member in all areas of the functional and technical aspects of AAF
- Clearly articulate solutions and design to both clients and internal colleagues
- Lead projects to a successful project i.e. act as a project lead
- Inherit the responsibilities of solution owner i.e. ensure they understand all solutions being configured for a client and validate that they meet the business requirements. This also involves ensuring that all project activities and solutions have been co-ordinated across the project teams
- Lead migration activities and work independently to achieve tasks and milestones
- Ensure that any risk and/or issues are raised and mitigated with the project manager
- Assist with project construction i.e. understanding and documenting business requirements, assist with identifying solutions and steering prospective clients to understand the importance of project construction and how the system will return the investment made through solution benefits.
- Provide input into the product management function to assist with developing market requirements and the required solutions
KEY SKILLS AND BEHAVIOUR:
The candidate will have at least 3 of the following skill sets:
- Accounting qualification or experience in the leasing or lending sector
- IT skills - particularly database and report writer such as Crystal Reports related
- Experience in using AAF
The candidate must also:
- Be able to manage situations that others view as a crisis and steering a course through situations that result in a positive outcome
- Manage client expectations; deliver news and plans to clients in such a way that ensures client support, controlling any given situation.
- Work with other Consultants in a supportive way.
- A working consultant - someone who roles up their sleeves and gets the job done rather than mere oversight.
- Will not require supervision but assess situations and call for assistance when required
- Ability to work hours to fulfil role as a consultant which will from time to time require work to be performed outside of normal business hours.
The likely candidate will probably be from the following backgrounds
- Relevant business experience in the leasing, retail banking or lending sector
- Direct competitor implementing the respective solutions
- Senior implementation consultant from a broader base such as banking solutions (this may mean that specific experience is not held in leasing and lending but rather other financial products)
- Working or consulting for likely clients in the leasing and lending sector
- Project management experience would be an advantage
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.