- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Not Specified
- Full time
Business Continuity Manager
The successful applicant will report to the Head of Business Continuity (BC). We are looking for a confident individual with strong project management skills and real attention to detail. You will be expected to engage with and brief business heads and senior executives, therefore, you
The successful applicant will report to the Head of Business Continuity (BC). We are looking for a confident individual with strong project management skills and real attention to detail. You will be expected to engage with and brief business heads and senior executives, therefore, you will have strong verbal and written communications skills. You will be expected to provide business continuity and crisis management advice and guidance to the business. This will include training, briefing and ensuring that Schroders’ BC capability is of the highest quality. The role offers the opportunity to interface with a broad spectrum of the business and global offices. The successful applicant will be assigned a number of offices and business lines to support, whilst providing broad support, on a range of core BC disciples, to the group.
The successful applicant will need to be flexible in their approach and be ready to respond to the evolving nature of the business and disruptive events. We work in a dynamic environment, as part of Group Risk, helping to provide oversight to all parts of the Schroders Group.
At the outset, the role is specific to business continuity and crisis management. However, an interest and increasing knowledge, in the wider disciplines of Group Risk may offer future opportunities within the team.
• Provide Business Continuity advice and guidance to the Business and act in a second line risk capacity
• Produce the monthly dashboard, monitor metrics and help the business comply with the Schroders Business Continuity policy
• Help all areas (business and geographies) within the scope of the role, comply with local regulations specific to Business Continuity
• Ensure the businesses’ BC plans and Incident Management capabilities are effective and fit for purpose
• In partnership with the business, identify and manage gaps and risks and drive transparency and accountability
• Brief, educate, train and exercise the business on the incident response process and other key programme deliverables
• Facilitate scenario based exercises to improve the capability of incident management teams
• Work as part of a team to monitor, respond, escalate and report disruptive events (including out of hours if required)
• Assist the business with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery testing. This will include pre and post-test administration and the tracking and closure of corrective actions
• Work with supplier relationship managers and procurement, to manage the exposure to third party BC risk
• Become proficient with the group planning tool, to develop BC plans and launch emergency employee communications.
• Work as part of a team to respond to client requests and attend client due diligence meetings
• Become the custodian of our BC planning tool and manage the administration of our two third party providers
• Prior BC and crisis management experience is preferable but not essential. You will need enthusiasm, an eye for detail and strong project management skills.
• To learn and become proficient with our core BC planning tool and database.
• Excellent IT skills (including MS office) and a sound understanding of the IT infrastructure that underpins core business activities
• The ability to concisely and accurately convey information (verbal, presentations and written)
• The ability and willingness to work non-standard hours
• Able to quickly build relationships and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
• Proactive and enthusiastic, with the confidence to communicate gaps and risk and ensure accountability