Business Continuity Manager - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Nov 17 2017-11-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley maintains a Business Continuity Management (BCM) program to protect the firm's franchise in the event of a catastrophic interruption to its business operations, technology, and facilities. The firm's BCM philosophy is to provide cost-effective business continuity strategies for the firm's critical businesses, its employees, clients and shareholders on a global basis.
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group (ISG) is a remarkably broad and diversified business. We provide institutions with almost every kind of financial product and service across the world's major markets. Whether you're interested in planning complex deals; trading on the moment-to- moment movements of the capital markets; analysing the financial needs of a company or a wealthy family, Morgan Stanley is the place to be.
Bank Resource Management (BRM) sits within the ISG group and is responsible for executing centralised liability management in partnership with Corporate Treasury. BRM is uniquely positioned at the core of transaction flows to ensure proper and consistent allocation and pricing of resources across market facing businesses.
Business Continuity Management (BCM) makes up the non-financial risk element of the BRM oversight responsibilities. The BCM team ensures that critical businesses and functions within the Firm are adequately prepared to respond to business disruptions, specifically the Firm-critical funding, hedging and trading businesses as well as key infrastructure functions.
The position of Business Continuity Coverage Officer is responsible for the development of advance arrangements and procedures to ensure the organization can recover its most critical functions and customer services within stated Recovery Time Objectives, incurring the minimum amount of loss possible. Responsibilities include crisis management, coordinating the design, development, maintenance, and testing (validation) of the overall recovery plans for all critical functional areas of the organization.
Additional responsibilities will include accountability for crisis management. The role holder will support the global crisis management program including planning, implementation, response and recovery activities.
• Provide support in coordinating, assessing, developing, and communicating contingency plans associated with the company’s Business Units to protect the firm in the event of a business disruption
• Interact with critical business units and support groups for the purpose of planning, directing, and controlling contingency planning efforts while facilitating their plan development
• Maintain direct communications and participate in appropriate business unit planning meetings and activities
• Assist the department in enhancing, formalizing and standardizing the business planning process
• Coordinate periodic reviews and tests of established plans and procedures, reporting findings to management and making recommendations for improvements as needed
• Provide expertise and support to management and business functional areas, as requested
• Perform ongoing risk analysis to determine which business processes, systems, and applications need to be recovered within the indicated time frame in order to comply with corporate and regulatory recovery time objectives of the organization
• Oversee implementation of the global crisis management program, processes and procedures within each BU
• Provide support during response to regional and global crisis events and coordinate engagement and response of crisis managers
• Work with regional leadership and other teams within the Firm to strengthen coordination during incident response
• Assist with risk assessments and due diligence efforts pertaining to critical suppliers and 3rd party vendors
• Develop and enhance the Budapest office strategic support model, specifically around tools, testing, reporting and crisis management framework.
Skills required (essential)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Significant experience in business continuity, crisis management or related field
• Strong organizational and decision-making skills
• Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business partners
• Good communication and influencing skills, including ability to articulate complex issues and incorporate feedback
• Proficiency in incident/crisis management best practices
• Client/Coverage experience in the Financial Services industry or management consultancy
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-JD2