To provide independent first-line oversight of end-to-end control environment across investment management business (including support functions).
- Responsibility for the review and ongoing maintenance of the ‘Reasonable Steps Framework’ developed to respond to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime. This will include regular review of the high-level processes and controls documented therein, and engagement with senior management, as well as liaison with the Compliance function.
- Ownership of the collation, review and challenge of the business-wide quarterly assurance map, which documents the first, second and third line assurance across all key business processes. This will include: (i) liaison with all business areas, including second and third line functions, (ii) follow up with management and risk champions on actions arising, and (iii) provision of reporting to the Operating Committee and Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee.
- Act as the risk champion for the operations, business change, investment management systems and operational due diligence teams.
- Business management support for the Deputy COO.
- Perform regular end to end reviews of operational processes mapping flows and control points. Identifying weaknesses, proposing changes and managing delivery with stakeholders.
- Oversee the Operational process maps, ensuring they are up to date.
- Oversee and coordinate the COO risk registers.
- Manage control inventories and perform test controls within the Operations team, and wider COO functions as appropriate.
- Review operational risk events, carry out root cause analysis, identify remedial action and provide reporting to senior management.
- Co-ordinate reviews with second and third lines of defence.
- Carry out ad hoc process and control reviews as required.