Business Development Associate
Essential Job Functions
- Working within a region supporting a Business Development Manager
- Generating activity for relevant Field based BDM and office-based colleagues
- Supporting inbound Financial Advisers queries
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service
- Implement regional sales and marketing campaigns
- Help educate financial advisers and empower them to solve their clients needs
- Provide product feedback and identify needs of advisers clients and communicate to the relevant business line
- Aid flow of information from Business Line and Product Managers to advisers
- Improve internal systems to ensure the team works in an efficient way
- Attend and support IFA and industry conferences/seminars, as requested
- Constantly improve product and industry knowledge
- Develop sales skills to level where they can start to own and manage Financial Adviser relationships
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
- Help to develop your peers by the sharing of information.
- Actively participate in all internal and external meetings.
- Develop yourself by seeking out opportunities to stretch out of your comfort zone
- Service always go beyond what is expected of you with both your internal and external relationships
- Effective decision making in all circumstances will ensure a consistently high quality of service in all your dealings with clients and colleagues
- Empathise with your colleagues and clients
- Lead by example i.e. treat others as you would expect to be treated.
- 100% is the only target that you should aim for; both individually and as a team
- Celebrate success of your team and others.
- Create a harmonious team atmosphere in which it is a pleasure to work
- Exceptional consultative sales experience
- Strong and flexible work ethic
- Service focused
- High quality interpersonal skills
- Winning mentality
- Ability to build and expand your own universe of clients
- Attention to detail
- Relevant IT knowledge (esp. Microsoft Office)
Additional Information Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.