An exciting and growing global asset manager is currently looking for a junior salesperson to join their sales team, focusing on the UK financial intermediary channel. This is an opportunity to develop through the business into a full sales role.
The Business Development Associate will focus on activity designed to maximise sales opportunities with clients and prospects. This includes:
- Setting up meetings, often via cold calls
- Generating leads and working closely with sales managers on pre and post meeting sales generation
- Coordination of follow-up items from each meeting including entering high quality call reports into Salesforce
- Handling inbound prospect or due diligence requests
- Proactively managing and resolving internal issues relating to winning business
- Involvement in industry and company events as part of brand-building efforts in the UK.
The ideal candidate:
- High energy, hard-working, enthusiastic, focused and professional
- High quality interpersonal skills, especially influencing skills
- Demonstrable experience in sales (including cold calling and relationship building)
- Experience of engaging with prospects, consultants, clients or colleagues
- Financial / Investment and Asset Management knowledge
- Comfortable discussing financial topics with prospects (product and asset class characteristics, macro themes etc)
- Graduate degree